Paris Saint-Germain manager, Mauricio Pochettino, has claimed they “deserved better” than their Champions League semi-final exit on Tuesday.
According to him, his players did enough across two legs to advance.
Even though Manchester City qualified for the final with a 4-1 aggregate after their 2-0 second leg win, Pochettino insists PSG “dominated a very difficult team to control”.
PSG failed to record a shot on target in the second leg at the Etihad, which was decided by a Riyad Mahrez brace.
“If we analyse the two games, we dominated a very difficult team to control.
“You need a small percentage of luck to score in key moments.
“I am disappointed, because we deserved better. But Manchester City have been more clinical than us. They scored the goals we needed, we played the game we wanted with the plan we wanted. It’s a bit disappointing obviously, because the objective was to go to the final,” Pochettino said to RMC Sport.
- UCL: Rio Ferdinand, Michael Owen hail Havertz after Chelsea’s 2-0 win over Real MadridIn SportsMay 6, 2021England legends, Rio Ferdinand and Michael Owen have singled out Chelsea’s Kai Havertz for praise in the Blues 2-0 win over Real Madrid on Wednesday ...[Read more]
- WPL Match day 12 Preview – southern ZoneIn GhanaMay 6, 2021Advertisement The Women’s Premier League enters match day 12 this weekend. In the Southern Zone, leaders Hasaacas whose smooth start to the second ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Money Chelsea were paid for eliminating Real Madrid revealedIn SportsMay 6, 2021England legends, Rio Ferdinand and Michael Owen have singled out Chelsea’s Kai Havertz for praise in the Blues 2-0 win over Real Madrid on Wednesday ...[Read more]
- Beasts of birdin’: Gang of condors ‘absolutely trash’ California homeIn LifestyleMay 6, 2021They turned her house into their own condor-minium. Over the weekend, a crew of the largest flying birds in North America dive-bombed one woman’s ...[Read more]
- Pantami Bags Most Outstanding Minister Of The Year AwardIn Nigeria NewsMay 6, 2021The Minister Of Communications And Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, has been conferred the Most Outstanding Minister of the Year Award. It was awarded ...[Read more]
- Police arrest 48 suspects over Mile 12 crisis in LagosIn Local NewsMay 6, 2021A 28-year-old woman, Mrs. Onyiyechi Akujobi Okeahialam, from Imo State, has raised an alarm, accusing her husband, Engr. Napoleon Okeahialam ...[Read more]
- Champions League final: Man City take decision on asking UEFA to change venueIn SportsMay 6, 2021On Thursday night, the two Europa League finalists will be confirmed. There is a strong possibility of an all-English finale as it was in the ...[Read more]
- Seven alleged members of Bronx street gang ‘800 YGz’ busted by fedsIn USAMay 6, 2021Seven alleged members of a violent Bronx street gang were busted Thursday on racketeering conspiracy charges that could land them in the slammer for ...[Read more]
- Eric Adams endorsed by dad of NYPD shooting victim Sean BellIn USAMay 6, 2021Former cop and current mayoral candidate Eric Adams locked up a second endorsement this week from someone rocked by the city’s most horrific police ...[Read more]
- ”With the way it is going, we can wake up tomorrow to see that insurgents have mounted Boko Haram flag in Aso Rock” – Prof. Pat UtomiIn Nigeria NewsMay 6, 2021Nigerian economist and former Presidential candidate, Professor Pat Utomi has predicted a gloom future for Nigeria in face of the current security ...[Read more]