Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has expressed optimism about Germany’s chances of beating England to reach the Euro 2023 quarter-finals.
Klopp said it “would be crazy to write off” his country Germany at the European Championships, despite their struggles against Hungary in their final Group F tie last week.
Germany will on Tuesday evening tackle England in the Euro 2023 round of 16 tie at Wembley Stadium.
When quizzed on Germany’s chances of reaching the quarter-finals, Klopp told BILD, “To write off Germany now, it would be crazy.
“We played well against France, Portugal. We dominated like hardly any other opponent in recent years.
“We struggled against Hungary, yes. But nothing more happened. Sometimes as a team, you need such a game.
“And now we are going to make a real go of it on Tuesday.”
The kick-off time for England vs Germany is 5 pm.
- England vs Germany: Peter Crouch predicts outcome of Euro 2023 match
- Euro 2023: Rio Ferdinand predicts winner of England vs Germany
- England vs Germany: Neville hands Southgate starting XI for Euro 2023 match
- England vs Germany: Rooney tells Southgate player not to play in Euro 2023 match
- THE KLOPP KING: How Jurgen Klopp conquered Germany before leading Liverpool to glory
- Euro 2023: Germany could be without three key players for England clash
- Euro 2023: UEFA rules change, England, Spain, Germany, others to be affected
- England vs Germany: Owen hands Southgate list of starting XI for Euro 2023 fixture
- Euro 2023: Klinsmann names six England players that Germany are scared of
- England vs Belgium: Interesting match features, statistics as England beats Belgium 2 -1