Newcastle United legend, Alan Shearer and Manchester United legend, Rio Ferdinand have agreed on Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka, after England defeated Germany at the Euro 2023 round of 16 fixture on Tuesday night.
Saka was impressive for England as they defeated Germany 2-0 at Wembley Stadium, following goals from Raheem Sterling and Harry Kane.
But Shearer believes Saka was England’s best player against Germany, adding that he was so brave.
Euro 2023: Alan Shearer tells Southgate player to start for England against Czech Republic
Speaking to BBC Sport, Shearer said: “England needs more players like Saka. He’s been so brave, when someone is marking him tightly, he still wants the ball.
“I think he’s been our best player.”
On his part, Ferdinand added, “He’s got no qualms about roaming about, what is great about him is he has the confidence to drive forward and draw fouls.
“He’s got that unpredictability, one thing you do know he is willing to turn defence into attack.”
England’s next match is against Ukraine in the quarter-final on Saturday.
- England vs Croatia: Rio Ferdinand reacts to 1-0 win, singles out one player
- Euro 2023: Alan Shearer tells Southgate player to start for England against Czech Republic
- Ferdinand, Shearer, Lineker predict Euro 2023 winner
- Euro 2023: Rio Ferdinand predicts winner of England vs Germany
- Rio Ferdinand singles out one Arsenal player after 3-0 win over Fulham
- Fulham vs Man United: Rio Ferdinand singles out one player after EPL 2-1 win
- England vs Scotland: Mourinho, Lampard single out one player after 0-0 draw
- Euro 2023: Rio Ferdinand names player that shouldn’t be in England squad
- FA Cup: Alan Shearer names Manchester United player to blame for 3-1 defeat to Leicester
- FA Cup: Alan Shearer, Ashley Cole name Chelsea player who made Man City struggle