Atletico Madrid boss, Diego Simeone, has described striker, Luis Suarez, as an ‘extraordinary player’ after the Uruguay international scored a brace in his side’s 2-1 win over Eibar in the La Liga on Thursday.
Simeone said that Suarez was active for Atletico against Eibar at Municipal de Ipurua.
Suarez’s second-half two goals gave Atletico Madrid all three points against Eibar, as Marko Dmitrovic’s first half penalty was not enough to give the host a point.
The win against Eibar means Atletico Madrid are on top of the La Liga table with 44 points from 17 games.
Speaking on Suarez after the game, Simeone said at post-match, “He’s an extraordinary player, and we are very happy that we have him with us.
“He was active throughout.
“He found the goal after a loss of the ball and later for the penalty kick he generated it, made it, looked for it and finished it decisively.”
Suarez has been impressive for Simeone’s side since he joined the club from Barcelona last summer.
The 33-year-old played a total of 283 games for Barcelona, scoring 198 goals and providing 109 assists.
- “Waiting to have money before marrying is a flimsy excuse” – Laura Ikeji tells men (Video)In Celebrity NewsFebruary 25, 2021Serial entrepreneur, Laura Ikeji has advised Nigerian men to go ahead and marry when they find a woman they love even if they are broke. She made ...[Read more]
- House poised to vote on legal safeguards for LGBTQ peopleIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021WASHINGTON — The Democratic-led House is poised to pass a bill that would enshrine LGBTQ protections in the nation’s labor and civil rights laws, a ...[Read more]
- Mona Gucci Eats Her Vomit Back – Says She Won’t Release Nana Ama Mcbrown’s SecretsIn EntertainmentFebruary 25, 2021To all those who are waiting for Mona Gucci to drop deep secrets of Nana Ama Mcbrown on Friday on Kantanka TV, she says you all should sit your a*ses ...[Read more]
- My dad used to work at a fast-food restaurant in US before he became wealthy – Davido reveals (Video)In NewsFebruary 25, 2021Nigerian singer, Davido has revealed his billionaire father, Adedeji Adeleke, worked as a manager at Burger King, a fast-food restaurant in the US ...[Read more]
- NY AG Letitia James mulling independent probe of Gov. Cuomo over sex harass claimIn USAFebruary 25, 2021New York Attorney General Letitia James is mulling a request to launch an independent probe of sexual harassment claims leveled against Gov. Andrew ...[Read more]
- Arsenal vs Benfica: Game changer – Fabregas hails Saka after Europa League winIn SportsFebruary 25, 2021The Nigeria’s national under-17 male football team on Thursday, thrashed Bayern Munich Academy 5-1 in a friendly match at the River plate football ...[Read more]
- LAUTECH reacts after a sex tape of ‘one of its lecturers’ leaks onlineIn NewsFebruary 25, 2021The Management of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology LAUTECH, have reacted to the viral video of a man said to be a lecturer of the ...[Read more]
- Italy’s Lombardy again in virus crisis as Brescia sees surgeIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021ROME — Italy’s northern Lombardy region, where Europe’s coronavirus outbreak erupted last year, asked the national government Thursday for more ...[Read more]
- Elmina Sharks sack head coach Yaw AcheampongIn Ghana, SportsFebruary 25, 2021Ghana Premier League side, Elmina Sharks, have sacked head coach, Yaw Acheampong, and his backroom staff after Wednesday’s 2-0 defeat to Legon Cities ...[Read more]
- China celebrates official end of extreme poverty, lauds XiIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021BEIJING — The ruling Communist Party is celebrating the official end of extreme poverty in China with a propaganda campaign that praises President Xi ...[Read more]