France striker, Karim Benzema, has finally reacted to his country’s elimination from Euro 2023.
France was knocked out of the European Championship on Monday by Switzerland.
Didier Deschamps’s side was defeated 5-4 on penalties in Bucharest after Kylian Mbappe saw his spot-kick saved by goalkeeper Yann Sommer following a 3-3 draw after 120 minutes.
Reacting, Benzema, in a post via his Instagram account, said: “Sad and disappointed after yesterday’s match. The disappointment is immense, I would have liked to continue to make you vibrate for a long time. Thank you for your unwavering support since the start of this Euro.
“Thank you for the strength you have given me daily.
“Nothing is ever easy, we continue to fight to prepare for the future and come back even stronger.”
- Euro 2023: Pogba breaks silence on France’s elimination
- Euro 2023: Frank de Boer leaves Netherlands role after shock elimination
- Euro 2023: Why I omitted Martial, included Benzema in France squad – Didier Deschamps
- Frances Tiafoe earns five-set win to reach third round at US Open
- Frances Tiafoe first American male to reach Round of 16 since 2011
- Frances Tiafoe youngest American male to reach Round of 16 since 2011
- Frances McDormand’s newest premieres at Telluride drive-in
- Oscar winner Frances McDormand explains why she turned down press requests for 10 Years
- Christian Eriksen breaks silence after cardiac arrest at Euro 2023
- Euro 2023: UEFA breaks silence on forcing Denmark to play after Eriksen collapsed