Manchester United legend, Roy Keane has blamed Joao Felix and Bruno Fernandes for Portugal’s exit from the ongoing Euro 2023 on Sunday night.
Portugal was eliminated from the European Championship against Belgium in Seville, following a first-half goal from Thorgan Hazard.
There were plenty of chances for Portugal to equalize against Belgium, but Felix and Fernandes both missed their opportunities to score for Fernando Santos’s side.
Euro 2023: Portugal suffer major setback as key player pulls out of squad
“I get really annoyed with it, particularly when they are quality players,” Keane said on ITV.
“There is no excuse for it, seeing players leaning back and just missing the target, at least test the goalkeeper, these are top players no getting away from that.
“Felix, when he came on, that guy was an imposter, he is an imposter.
“He comes on, your country needs you…hit the target! What was he? £100m? If I was Ronaldo, I would certainly be going after him in the dressing room. Shocking.
“Felix and Fernandes were driving me crazy.
“They have no one to blame but themselves, they fought like champions, to be fair, but Portugal just fell short.”
Euro 2023: Roy Keane criticizes England captain, Harry Kane
- EPL: Roy Keane blames Salah, Robertson as Fulham defeat Liverpool
- Euro 2023 final: Roy Keane criticizes two England players for allowing Saka take penalty
- Euro 2023: Roy Keane identifies two England players to watch out for
- Euro 2023: Roy Keane names two outstanding players in England squad
- Roy Keane Blames 2 Players After Manchester United Failed To Secure A win
- Roy Keane Blames Fred, McTominay For Man United, Tottenham Draw
- EPL: Roy Keane criticises two players after Man United failed to beat Mourinho’s Tottenham Hotspur
- Liverpool vs Man United: Roy Keane criticises two players after EPL 0-0 draw
- Euro 2023: Alan Shearer blasts Italy star, singles out two players after Belgium’s defeat
- Euro 2023: Roy Keane criticizes England captain, Harry Kane