Portugal captain, Cristiano Ronaldo, on Sunday night, told Belgium goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois that he was lucky he didn’t score against him during both sides’ Euro 2023 round of 16 clash at Estadio de La Cartuja in Seville, Spain.
Ronaldo also wished Courtois good luck as Belgium qualified for the quarter-final ahead of Portugal.
The Juventus forward and Courtois embraced and exchanged a few words after Belgium eliminated Portugal from the Euro 2023.
Ronaldo played alongside Courtois during his time at Real Madrid before he left for Juventus in 2018.
Speaking to Courtois immediately after the game, Ronaldo was quoted by Marca as telling the goalkeeper, “You were lucky, eh? The ball didn’t want to go in, good luck man.”
However, it is unclear if or what Courtois responded with, but he warmly embraced Ronaldo before leaving the field.
Courtois was one of the exceptional players of the match, making several decisive saves during the encounter.
- Euro 2023: Cristiano Ronaldo finally reacts to Portugal’s 1-0 defeat to Belgium
- Belgium vs Italy: Courtois criticizes Lukaku, others after Euro 2023 defeat
- Euro 2023: Ronaldo’s angry reaction after Portugal lost 1-0 to Belgium
- Euro 2023: Ronaldo, Portugal stars in tears after losing to Belgium
- Euro 2023: Kroos reveals conversation with Cristiano Ronaldo after Portugal’s defeat
- Euro 2023: You’ve to know how to suffer – Cristiano Ronaldo reacts to Portugal’s victory
- Euro 2023: Roy Keane blames two players for Portugal’s 1-0 defeat to Belgium
- Champions League: Why Porto defeated Ronaldo-led Juventus in Portugal – Pepe
- Portugal vs France: Benzema reveals conversation with Cristiano Ronaldo after 2-2 draw
- England vs Belgium: Interesting match features, statistics as England beats Belgium 2 -1