Villarreal manager, Unai Emery, has advised Arsenal to remain patient with Mikel Arteta.
Emery believes Arteta who replaced him at the Emirates, is the right man to bring back former glories to the North London club.
Arteta gave an indication of his potential by leading Arsenal to an unlikely FA Cup triumph last August.
However, despite significant investment last summer, the Gunners have failed to kick on and are set to finish in mid-table in the Premier League.
”The only time Arsenal can qualify for Europe, is if they win the Europa League, where they face Villarreal in the semi-final.
“There are several processes they have to overcome,” Emery said at his pre-match press conference.
“I had to work coming in after Arsene Wenger. We lost the Europa League against Chelsea, the next year we didn’t start too well and I think Arteta should build on these improvements.
“This is a process that needs a bit of time to execute a game plan. I am convinced that we need to let managers work, we need to have patience. At Arsenal, we needed to be patient and we need to be patient. We need to trust Arteta.
“It’s a question of patience of confidence, patience takes time and I can see a club and a team that with Arteta with time they will make it.”
- Europa League semi-final: Arteta reacts as Arsenal face Unai Emery’s Villarreal
- Europa League: Unai Emery fumes over Pepe penalty, warns Arsenal ahead of second leg
- Europa League: Unai Emery name-checks 11 Arsenal players ahead of semi-final
- UEL: Mikel Arteta warns Arsenal players over reunion with Unai Emery
- EPL: Arteta reveals what he discovered at Arsenal after replacing Unai Emery
- Europa League: Unai Emery calls Aubameyang “killer” ahead of semi-final second leg
- Europa League final: Villarreal players didn’t prepare for penalties – Unai Emery
- EPL: Why it’s difficult for Arsenal to finish top four in Premier League – Unai Emery
- Arteta under huge pressure after being embarrassed by Unai Emery – Keown
- EPL: Arteta reacts as Unai Emery gets new job