Arsenal forward, Willian has said that he is too scared to look at his phone at times for fear of racial abuse on social media.
The Brazilian said this following the racial attacks on Liverpool’s Trent Alexander-Arnold, Naby Keita and Sadio Mane..
The Liverpool stars were sent racist emojis on Instagram ahead of their Champions League quarter-finals first leg clash with the Real Madrid game on Tuesday.
Willian is calling for the handlers of the social media platforms to take more responsibility for their output.
“Does it frighten me to look at my phone? Yes, sometimes, to be honest,” Willian said, according to Express.
“We are human. I want to understand who these people think they are to come to speak like that to us.
“It really affects me when they talk about my family. If they want to criticise me, it’s no problem, I always accept that.
“But when they come to attack your family with those words that I cannot say here, that hurts.
“I think we have to find a way to change the profile of social media. I think people want to have Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, they need to put their ID, passport or whatever.”
Willian will file out with his Arsenal side on Thursday as they face Slavia Prague in the first leg of their Europa League quarter-finals.
And Slavia Prague will be without their Finnish midfielder Ondrej Kudela after being suspended for one match by UEFA for racially abusing Rangers’ Glen Kamara in the last 16.
- Ahmed Musa: Bashir Ahmad, Shehu Sani react as Super Eagles captain joins Kano PillarsIn SportsApril 14, 2021
- “Rather than fighting for God, fight bad leaders” – Actor, Yul Edochie tells fanaticsIn Celebrity NewsApril 14, 2021Popular Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie has advised religious fanatics to fight against things that are physical such as bad leaders, rather than ...[Read more]
- See Group Photo Toyin Abraham Posted That Has Top Celebrities Like Ini Edo and Other Awardees In itIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nollywood actress Toyin Abraham to her Instagram page to share a lovely group photo that was taken at the Eko Film and TV Awards. The ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Tuchel insulted me – Porto coach, ConceicaoIn SportsApril 14, 2021
- Protesting student of Plateau State University falls off vehicle, diesIn Local NewsApril 14, 2021Two suspects, who robbed a POS Shop in Ogidi, under Ijumu Local Government Area of Kogi State, have been arrested by the Nigerian Police. They were ...[Read more]
- EPL: Thiago explains what makes Guardiola, Klopp different from other managersIn EPL, SportsApril 14, 2021
- “Find a lovely girl about your age” – Singer, Waje dismisses fan who attempted to shoot his shotIn Celebrity NewsApril 14, 2021One of Nigeria’s outstanding vocalists, Waje has shunned a fan who attempted to shoot his shot of love at her. The fan identified by his Twitter ...[Read more]
- Instead Of Exposing And Publicising Our Offenses, Let’s Hold One Another With Grace – Toyin Abraham SaysIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021Actress Toyin Abraham has disclosed that instead of complaining and exposing or publicizing the offenses of one another, let’s hold each other with ...[Read more]
- UCL: Joe Cole names Chelsea’s semi-final preference between Real Madrid, LiverpoolIn SportsApril 14, 2021Nigerian seasoned football manager, Henry Abiodun, has given reasons why Chelsea might still end up not winning the Champions League title this ...[Read more]
- ‘Forgive Yourself’ – Reno Omokri Says As He Pens Down Inspiring PostIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021Nigerian author, Reno Omokri has taken to social media to pen down an inspiring post to social media users. According to him, people shouldn’t wait ...[Read more]