Former Arsenal forward, Alan Smith, has slammed the club’s players, Willian and Nicolas Pepe following the club’s FA Cup 1-0 defeat to Southampton on Saturday.
Smith said Willian and Pepe are the ‘big problems’ for their manager, Mikel Arteta because they are not performing well for the Gunners.
Willian and Pepe both started for Arsenal against Southampton at St. Mary’s Stadium but were unable to make an impact as Kyle Walker-Peters’ first-half cross deflected via Gabriel for the only goal of the match.
“I’m not so sure he [if Pepe can still prove his worth to Arsenal and develop into a key player], he’s in his second season now, so it is not as if he’s still adapting to a new country and league,” Smith told Stadium Astro.
“It’s not as if he had been tearing up trees for a long period in France. You can throw the transfer fee at him, but that’s not his fault.
“The fact remains he’s a big signing, and they spent a lot of money on him. If they were to sell him now they would make a huge loss, so that’s another problem.
“They’ve got rid of the Ozil problem, but they are still saddled with the Pepe and Willian problems.”
Smith added: “It all comes down to attitude. If the approach isn’t right, if he still hasn’t got that hunger, then you’re not going to get performances out of him.
“Can Mikel Arteta work with him on the training ground? Can he try and get more out of Willian? Going back to his Chelsea days, how many times did you see him make those bursts and let fly.
“He’s worked hard to get Ozil out of the club, but for Willian now he will turn to him and Pepe and see what he can do with these players.
“Those performances have not been good enough, and it’s a big problem for the manager.”
- Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex-Government Lawyer to Represent HimIn EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex-Government Lawyer to Represent Him. A one-time popular Instagram celebrity facing fraud-related and money laundering charges ...[Read more]
- I Would Rather Miss The Olympics Than Take The Vaccine – Yohan BlakeIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, SportsMarch 1, 2021Jamaican sprinter and two-time Olympic gold medalist, Yohan Blake has said that he would rather miss the Tokyo 2021 Olympics rather than receive the ...[Read more]
- Police nab 3 over alleged kidnap of Adamawa businessmanIn Local NewsMarch 1, 2021Security operatives comprising the police and the military on Sunday averted a potential bloodbath at Kurmi village in Burra district of Ningi Local ...[Read more]
- Mistake Women Make Is Thinking If A Man Engages Them, They Have A Baby He Will Still Marry Them – Roman Goddess Reacts To Chioma And Davido SagaIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021Instagram celebrity Roman Goddess has weighed in on the relationship drama of singer Davido and his fiancee Chioma. The internet sensation in a post ...[Read more]
- UNICEF Ghana commends President Akufo-Addo for taking COVID-19 vaccine publiclyIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021UNICEF Ghana has praised President Nana Akufo-Addo for leading by example for taking the COVID-19 vaccine publicly so as to engender trust in the ...[Read more]
- A/R: 11-day missing Antoa Mobile Money Merchant lady found dead and decomposingIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021The body of a missing woman has been found in a bush at Antoa in the Kwabre East District of the Ashanti Region in an advanced decomposing state The ...[Read more]
- Ghanaians are silent but harbouring serious pent up anger in them – Yvonne Nelson warns Akufo-AddoIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Actress Yvonne Nelson has indicated that Ghanaians are silent but are internally angry about Ghana’s Health Sector which is stinking and that ...[Read more]
- EPL: I have ‘biggest respect’ for Man Utd’s Bruno Fernandes – Chelsea manager, TuchelIn EPL, SportsMarch 1, 2021The English Premier League has issued a statement to explain the decision not to award Manchester United a penalty in Sunday’s clash against Chelsea ...[Read more]
- Akufo-Addo’s public vaccination has created more mistrust about the Covid vaccines – MornahIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Former Chairman for the Peoples National Convention (PNC) Bernard Mornah has said that the President taking the jab has deepened mistrust in the ...[Read more]
- Akufo-Addo takes 1st public jab of COVID-19 vaccine; rallies Ghanaians to do sameIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021The President of Ghana Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and his wife Rebecca Akufo-Addo have taken their jab of the COVID-19 vaccine. The two took their ...[Read more]