Inter Allies have been relegated from the Ghana Premier League after a 2-0 home loss to Liberty Professionals on Sunday afternoon.
The match-day 31 defeat sealed the ‘Eleven Is To One’ side’s fate with three games remaining in the 2023/21 campaign.
With 26 points, bottom club Inter Allies thus become the first team to be relegated from the 18-team top division league to the Division One League.
Liberty took a 2-0 first-half lead before settling for a barren second 45 minutes at Dawu Park.
Brite Andoh shot relegation-threatened Liberty up with his strike in the 16th minute.
Four minutes from recess, Simon Asamoah Appiah
The two teams cancelled out each other in the second half with Liberty Professionals running away victors and now in 14th position with 35 points.
Ghana Premier League – Citi Sports Online
- Hearts of Oak snatch points against rivals Asante Kotoko, Liberty beat Inter Allies
- GPLwk31: Hearts of Oak beat Asante Kotoko to move closer to winning title
- Asante Kotoko, Inter Allies granted permission to change home venues
- Inter Allies to share home venue with Dreams FC at Dawu
- Real Mallorca relegated after Granada defeat
- Capelli Sport recalls Henrikh Lehm after a year with Inter Allies
- Samuel Armah returns to Inter Allies after loan spell at Skënderbeu
- #GPLwk29: Kotoko go level with Hearts of Oak after thrilling win over Inter Allies [VIDEO]
- GPL Week 29 match between Inter Allies & Asante Kotoko moved to Monday
- Inter Allies appoint Danijel Mujkanovic as head coach