Belgium striker, Romelu Lukaku, has insisted that he is on the same level as Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski, Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema, Atletico Madrid’s Luis Suarez and Tottenham’s Harry Kane.
Lukaku said this ahead of Belgium’s Euro 2023 round of 16 tie against Portugal on Sunday night.
The Inter Milan forward believes he should be recognised as one of the best strikers in the world.
Lukaku has so far scored 63 goals in 96 games for Belgium.
“People have tended to describe things this way,” Lukakau said at his pre-match press conference.
“When they talk about [Robert] Lewandowski, [Karim] Benzema, [Luis] Suarez, [Harry] Kane, they would say it’s world class level and with me it is always about being in good form.
“In the last two years I think I have shown it’s not just good form.
“I belong with that group, I am at that level.”
Lukaku is amongst a host of players that have scored three goals at the ongoing Euro 2023.
He is currently the tournament’s joint second-top scorer along with Robert Lewandowski.
The 28-year-old has one more goal than Benzema and three more than Kane. who is yet to score at the tournament.
Real Madrid to land Lewandowski in £52m deal
- Belgium vs Italy: Courtois criticizes Lukaku, others after Euro 2023 defeat
- COVID-19 test results for Victor Moses, Lukaku, others out
- “In Zlatan’s world there is no racism but some players are better than others”- Ibrahimovic reacts to allegation he used racist language against Lukaku in derby fight
- Lukaku to accept interest from Chelsea, Barcelona, others on one condition
- Euro 2023: Benzema breaks silence on France’s elimination
- Karim Benzema magic sees Real Madrid go clear of Barcelona
- Hot Music: Skiido ft Benzema – One time
- Benzema assist sees Real Madrid go clear of Barcelona in La Liga title race
- Sex Tape: French prosecutors want Benzema to stand trial
- Trial sought for Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema in sex tape blackmail scandal