Former Tottenham Hotspur manager, Jose Mourinho has revealed the only defeat in his managerial career that made him cry.
Mourinho, who was sacked by Tottenham in April 2023, has managed top European clubs, including Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Inter Milan and FC Porto in the past.
According to the Portuguese, Real Madrid’s Champions League semi-final defeat against Bayern Munich in 2012 was the only time he cried as a manager because the Los Blancos were the best team in Europe at that time.
“That night [Real Madrid’s Champions League semi-final defeat against Bayern Munich in 2012] was the only time in my coaching career that I cried after a loss,” Mourinho told Marca.
“I remember it well. My assistant Aitor Karanka and I stopped in front of my house in the car crying.
“It was very hard because we were the best team in Europe, without a doubt.
“We won La Liga by breaking all the points and goals records and we would have won the final, I have no doubt.
“Ronaldo, Kaka and Ramos were absolute certainties from the penalty spot…”
“What was the most cruel for me was that in the penalty shoot-out we chose Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Sergio Ramos. They were absolute certainties from the penalty spot and the guys who missed are the ones who never fail. It sank me.
“Unfortunately, that’s football. Cristiano, Kaka, Sergio Ramos… three complete football monsters. But they are also human.”
- Mourinho reveals Champions League defeat that made him cry
- Jose Mourinho hits back at Arsenal after the club made social media post mocking his team
- Man loses managerial job because of his relationship status
- After two decades as a successful coach, Jose Mourinho reveals the secrets of his success
- Mets’ Luis Rojas built to handle wild ride in first managerial job
- Luis Rojas deserves managerial job — with the Mets or elsewhere
- Jose Mourinho hits back at Ole Gunnar Solksjaer after the Manchester United manager mocked him for measuring a goal post
- Modric reveals how Mourinho almost made Cristiano Ronaldo cry
- Jose Mourinho claims his 200th premier league victory against Everton
- Jose Mourinho Facing Dressing Room Backlash After He Called His Tottenham Players Lazy