Chelsea manager, Thomas Tuchel, has said both Antonio Rudiger and Mateo Kovacic are doubtful for this weekend’s Premier League fixture against Fulham and next week’s Champions League semi-final second-leg clash with Real Madrid.
Kovacic has missed the Blues’ last five games and faces a race against time to be available for the European clash on Wednesday.
Rudiger picked up a knock during the final moments of the 1-1 first-leg draw in Madrid on Tuesday.
Speaking at his Premier League pre-match press conference on Friday, Tuchel said when asked if Kovacic will return: “No, unfortunately not, he is still injured. He trained with us, but he’s still not fully confident, he felt something at the end of training. So he’s not available, unfortunately.
“All the others are available except for Toni Rudiger, who got injured in the last minute of the Madrid game. Everybody else is available.”
Asked if the players are doubts for the Madrid match, Tuchel said: “Yeah, for sure. Before training today we thought that Kova had a big chance to join us latest for Madrid, maybe even for today. So now we have a little setback, not a big one, with him.
“I don’t want to be too negative, let’s see how he is tomorrow. For Toni, I’m quite positive for Wednesday.”
- Spain honour Barcelona legend Iniesta with naked statue for 2010 World Cup winning goal (photos)
- Modric reveals what will happen to Barcelona when Messi leaves
- LaLiga: Messi explains why Barcelona lost 2-1 to Osasuna
- LaLiga: Luis Suarez explains why Barcelona failed to beat Celta Vigo
- LaLiga: Koeman explains why Barcelona dropped points against Valencia
- LaLiga: Koeman explains why Barcelona’s Suarez should have joined Juventus instead of Atletico
- Messi predicts what will happen to Barcelona after COVID-19 break
- What’ll happen to Messi if he loses ‘free agent’ legal battle against Barcelona
- Gary Neville Reveals What Will Happen With Messi And Barcelona
- LaLiga: Messi’s brace against Valencia keeps Barcelona in title race