Former Manchester United and Real Madrid striker, Michael Owen, has predicted Atletico Madrid to beat Chelsea in tonight’s Champions League last-16 first-leg fixture at the National Arena in Bucharest, Romania.
Owen also predicted Bayern Munich to defeat Lazio at the Stadio Olimpico in Italy.
Providing his predictions, Owen told BetVictor: “Over the last decade, Atletico have missed out on both the domestic championship and Champions League on several occasions, and this is another season where opportunity has presented itself at their door.
“That said, they are in the middle of a patchy run of form, having won only once in four games.
“Still undefeated, Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel is likely to approach this cautiously. The Blues’ have been solid at the back since his arrival, and I think this will be another match where he will be desperate to give nothing away.
“With that in mind, I don’t see many goals on the horizon. However, I think Atletico may just have enough to nick it on their own patch. Atletico Madrid 1, Chelsea 0.”
Speaking on the Lazio vs Bayern Munich game, Owen said: “This has the look of a great knockout tie and whilst I think Lazio can cause Bayern problems, I expect the visitors to just have enough to take the lead back to the Allianz Arena. It’s 2-0 Bayern for me. Lazio 0, Bayern 2.”
The kick-off time for all the games is 9 pm, Nigerian time.
- 27 sentenced for trading on walkways, face mask violation, others in EdoIn Local NewsMarch 6, 2021Four suspected cultists of Government Secondary School, Akim, in Calabar Municipal Local Government Area of Cross River State have been arrested. ...[Read more]
- New York COVID hospitalizations sink to lowest levels in monthsIn USAMarch 6, 2021The number of hospitalized patients with COVID-19 in New York dropped below 5,000 for the first time in nearly three months. The hospitalizations ...[Read more]
- I’m Not Leaving Music For School – DJ Cuppy Blast TrollIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 6, 2021Disc Jockey DJ Cuppy is more than just a pretty head and music she is a smart, intelligent young lady. The stunning beauty was recently offered ...[Read more]
- EPL: Arteta reacts as referee Marriner refuses to award Pieters’ handballIn EPL, SportsMarch 6, 2021
- Serie A: Gernot Rohr spills discussion with Osimhen on Gennaro GattusoIn SportsMarch 6, 2021
- Columbia apologizes to activist Ericka Hart after racism, transphobia accusationsIn USAMarch 6, 2021Administrators at Columbia University apologized to a former professor who said she was ousted after complaining about a student’s “rape jokes.” ...[Read more]
- EPL: Michael Owen predicts Chelsea vs Everton, Man City vs Man United, other fixturesIn EPL, SportsMarch 6, 2021
- Fort Lauderdale party spot bans spring breakersIn LifestyleMarch 6, 2021Enlarge Image A college athlete is thrown in the air by a group of men on the beach to celebrate spring break, amid the COVID-19 outbreak in Fort ...[Read more]
- Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: Zidane’s squad for LaLiga clash confirmedIn SportsMarch 6, 2021Real Madrid manager, Zinedine Zidane, has released a 20-man squad to tackle Atletico Madrid in the LaLiga games on Sunday evening. The Frenchman ...[Read more]
- De Blasio is serious about ‘longshot’ run against Gov. Cuomo, insiders sayIn USAMarch 6, 2021Mayor Bill de Blasio has been talking to his inner circle and union allies about running for governor, and sources say he is growing increasingly ...[Read more]