Chelsea boss, Thomas Tuchel, has explained the difference between managing the Blues and his former club, Paris Saint-Germain.
Tuchel said there is no time to breathe when managing in the Premier League than in the Ligue 1, adding that life in England is proving to be brutal.
Recall that Tuchel replaced Frank Lampard at Chelsea last January after he was sacked by PSG last December.
“To go from Ligue 1 to the Premier League? It’s brutal, honestly. Very brutal,” Tuchel told L’Equipe ahead of Chelsea’s Champions League tie with Real Madrid on Wednesday.
“In France, we played the same number of matches, two cups, and there are also 20 teams in the Championship. But the intensity and challenge of the Championship are really very different here. It’s a completely different level.
“It’s pretty ruthless, it keeps you on your own, and it makes you get up early in the morning. There is simply no time to breathe. There is not too much time to sit down, to be relaxed or comfortable.
“And that’s a good thing, it sharpens your mentality and mind. That’s what I find impressive in this club.
“Everyone is on the front line. Players are aware of these challenges and requirements. They are up to the task of recovering, in their approach to their work, during the time they spend here at the club.
“Everyone at the club is aware of what it takes to be in shape. That’s why it’s impressive.
“We arrive at every game with the knowledge and deep conviction that we are perfectly prepared for this and that we can perform at the highest level and adapt.”
- Why I Quit ‘The Johnsons’ – Spiff Finally Speaks OutIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The Johnson is a long-running program that has been aired on Africa Magic since 2012. Some actors in the series include Charles Inojie ...[Read more]
- Here’s An Alleged Reason Why Desmond Elliot Is Being Dragged OnlineIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Desmond Elliot has been trending on social media platforms with people blaming for one thing or the other. Desmond Elliot used to be ...[Read more]
- President Buhari’s Former Minister ‘Mama Taraba’ Is DeadIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Former Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development, Aisha-Jummai Alhassan fondly called Mama Taraba is dead. She died at 61 in ...[Read more]
- Davido Allegedly Buys Range Rover For His 1-Year Old Son, IfeanyiIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Popular Nigerian artist and songwriter Davido has allegedly bought a brand new range for his 1-year old son Ifeanyi a few days after he ...[Read more]
- Please You Are Not Well – Omotola Jalade Reacts After Man Drew A Portrait Of HerIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nollywood actress and movie producer Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has reacted sarcastically to a portrait a man drew of her. One of the ...[Read more]
- Here’s the trail of death and destruction allegedly left by members of NYC’s ‘Hoolies’ gangIn USAMay 8, 2021This week’s indictment of 18 reputed gang members not only solved the infamous slaying of a 1-year-old Brooklyn boy, it nailed those responsible for ...[Read more]
- Charter school backer starts PAC to boost Eric Adams’ bid for mayorIn USAMay 8, 2021A major charter school backer is launching a Super PAC to help elect Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams the next mayor of New York City. Jenny ...[Read more]
- NYC family says 12-year-old’s ‘suspicious’ death happened after school attack over $1In USAMay 7, 2021Romy Vilsaint died after losing consciousness at his Flatbush on May 7, 2021. HANDOUT PHOTO/Roodwiny Exantus Police are investigating the death of a ...[Read more]
- Cops say death of 12-year-old NYC boy is ‘suspicious’In USAMay 7, 2021Police are investigating a 12-year-old Brooklyn boy’s death as suspicious. Emergency responders were called to 2920 Cortelyou Road in Flatbush Friday ...[Read more]
- Manhattan Judge says NYC federal lockups are ‘run by morons’In USAMay 7, 2021A senior judge in New York blasted the conditions of two notorious federal jails in the city during a recent sentencing hearing — saying they are run ...[Read more]