Chelsea boss, Thomas Tuchel, has explained the difference between managing the Blues and his former club, Paris Saint-Germain.
Tuchel said there is no time to breathe when managing in the Premier League than in the Ligue 1, adding that life in England is proving to be brutal.
Recall that Tuchel replaced Frank Lampard at Chelsea last January after he was sacked by PSG last December.
“To go from Ligue 1 to the Premier League? It’s brutal, honestly. Very brutal,” Tuchel told L’Equipe ahead of Chelsea’s Champions League tie with Real Madrid on Wednesday.
“In France, we played the same number of matches, two cups, and there are also 20 teams in the Championship. But the intensity and challenge of the Championship are really very different here. It’s a completely different level.
“It’s pretty ruthless, it keeps you on your own, and it makes you get up early in the morning. There is simply no time to breathe. There is not too much time to sit down, to be relaxed or comfortable.
“And that’s a good thing, it sharpens your mentality and mind. That’s what I find impressive in this club.
“Everyone is on the front line. Players are aware of these challenges and requirements. They are up to the task of recovering, in their approach to their work, during the time they spend here at the club.
“Everyone at the club is aware of what it takes to be in shape. That’s why it’s impressive.
“We arrive at every game with the knowledge and deep conviction that we are perfectly prepared for this and that we can perform at the highest level and adapt.”
- US Stripper, Symba Includes Nigeria In The List Of Places Not To Visit For Plastic SurgeryIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT American stripper and adult entertainer, Symbaserothick has taken to social media to warn her fellow ladies who have plans of going ...[Read more]
- “You are truly self-motivated” – Jidenna pens sweet Mother’s Day message to his momIn Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Nigerian-American singer and songwriter, Jidenna Theodore Mobisson popularly known as Jidenna has taken to social media to celebrate his mother on ...[Read more]
- GPLwk23: Karela finally win; Dwarfs vs Legon Cities abandoned after fans threatened RefereesIn Ghana, NewsMay 9, 2021Karela United finally secured a win at the 6th time of asking since the second round of the league started more than one month ago with a hard fought ...[Read more]
- Man joyfully tattoos face of reality star, Mercy Eke on his arm (Video)In Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Die-hard fan inks the tattoo of the face of his favourite reality star, Mercy Eke, a.k.a Lambo on his arm as he joyfully shows it off. A video making ...[Read more]
- Times Square shooter was allegedly aiming for his brother, sources revealIn USAMay 9, 2021The NYPD is still hunting for the suspect, identified by sources as 31-year-old illegal CD peddler Farrakhan Muhammad. The suspected Times Square ...[Read more]
- Video shows ‘hero’ NYPD cop running with wounded child after Times Square shootingIn USAMay 9, 2021Stunning surveillance footage captures a “hero” female cop frantically running through Times Square with the youngest victim of Saturday’s shooting ...[Read more]
- “Never set out to make money from your customers” – Reno Omokri warn entrepreneursIn Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Public speaker and author, Reno Omokri has urged entrepreneurs to desist from making money from their customers, urging them to add meaning to their ...[Read more]
- “New meme loading” – Reactions as Osita Iheme “Pawpaw” shares photo of himself drinking waterIn Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Netizens react as a veteran pint-size actor, Osita Iheme, popularly known as “Pawpaw” shares a cool picture of himself drinking table water. The ...[Read more]
- MTA’s Sarah Feinberg says subway safety will improve as riders returnIn USAMay 9, 2021New York City’s subways will be safer once the subways hit 4 or 5 million daily riders, Interim Transit President Sarah Feinberg said Sunday — while ...[Read more]
- Niger boat accident death toll hits 28In Local News, NewsMay 9, 2021The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) busted a drug cartel that sells drugged cookies, cakes, and brownies to residents of Abuja and ...[Read more]