Paris Saint-Germain forward, Neymar, has made it clear that Mauricio Pochettino’s side will do everything possible to beat Manchester City to reach the Champions League final.
PSG will on Wednesday night host Pep Guardiola’s side in the Champions League semi-final first-leg tie at the Parc des Princes Stadium in Paris.
The French Ligue champions had knocked Bayern Munich out of the Champions League quarter-final earlier this month, while Man City eliminated Borussia Dortmund.
Speaking during his pre-match press conference on Tuesday, Neymar told reporters that PSG are prepared to face the Premier League leaders, adding that everything is done in order to win the Champions League trophy this season.
“It will be a difficult match, there are no easy matches at this stage of the competition. Manchester City are a great team, with great players, and it will be as difficult as the Bayern tie. But we are well-prepared, and we’ll do everything in order to win the match,” the Brazilian international said.
“I feel good, both mentally and physically. Like I said, we’re ready for the match that we’re going to play, and I’ll do everything I can in order to help the club win and reach the final.”
Neymar added, “When I joined Paris, the objective was always to win the Champions League. We reached the first final in the club’s history last season, and we’re a team that is still progressing.
“We’re working very hard, and the atmosphere is great. Everything is done in order to win the trophies that we want to win.”
The kick-off for PSG vs Man City is 8 pm, Nigerian time.
- EPL: What Thomas Tuchel told N’Golo Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic on arrival at Chelsea
- UCL: Kovacic’s condition made me ‘very sad’ – Chelsea coach, Thomas Tuchel
- Atletico Madrid vs Chelsea: Thomas Tuchel singles out Kante, Zouma for praise
- UCL: Kante reveals Chelsea’s chances of eliminating Real Madrid
- Champions League: Fabregas rates Kante’s performance as Chelsea failed to beat Real Madrid
- Chelsea offer Kovacic, others in exchange for Hakimi
- I’m very upset with Chelsea’s Mateo Kovacic – Mourinho
- Champions League: Chelsea’s Kovacic opens up on Rudiger’s fight with Kepa
- UCL: Kovacic reacts as Pepe claims Chelsea are looking down on Porto
- Champions League: Ben Chiwell hails Chelsea’s Kovacic, Jorginho after Porto win