Cameroon legend, Samuel Eto’o, has tipped Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe to take over from Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi, and Juventus forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, in the near future.
Eto’o believes Mbappe can become a “new God” after Messi and Ronaldo are “tired of giving us these joys.”
Mbappe has been widely tipped to follow in Ronaldo and Messi’s footsteps as one of the next dominant football superstars in the world.
The 22-year-old, who has been heavily linked with Real Madrid, was in excellent goalscoring form for his club last season.
He scored 42 goals in 47 appearances in all competitions for PSG.
“Cristiano is another God. Together with Messi, they are the players who mark current football with the highest grades,” Eto’o told Argentine newspaper La Nacion.
“But another God is coming for when Messi and Cristiano get tired of giving us these joys. That new God will be Kylian Mbappe.”
Both Messi and Ronaldo have won 11 Ballon d’ Or awards among themselves.
Chelsea vs Man City: Eto’o predicts Champions League final
- Ballon d’Or: Unai Emery reveals player to take over from Messi, Ronaldo
- Berbatov names three players that will take over from Messi, Ronaldo
- Paul Scholes names player to reach Messi, Ronaldo’s levels
- Eric Bailly snubs Messi, Ronaldo, names best player in football history
- Haaland comments on comparisons with Messi, Ronaldo, names best player of all time
- Eto’o reveals player that will take over from Messi as world’s best player
- Kylian Mbappe To Take Over From Messi – Samuel Eto’o
- Wenger reveals two players to take over from Messi, Ronaldo
- Messi is my favourite player to watch – Ronaldo
- FIFA 21 Ratings: Messi Beats Ronaldo To Be The Highest-Rated Player