Inter Milan clinched their first Serie A title in eleven years, ending Juventus’ nine-year dominance as Italian champions.
Conte’s men put one hand on the trophy with a 2-0 win over Crotone on Saturday, but Atalanta’s 1-1 draw against Sassuolo on Sunday ensured the Serie A leaders retained an unassailable 13-point cushion with four matches to spare.
Speaking to 90 Minuto on Rai 2 after Atalanta’s draw with Sassuolo, Conte said,
“We’ll go to sleep tonight very happy with what we have achieved. We are happy for us, for the people who worked to get Inter back to winning ways, for the fans. We will certainly feel more relaxed now.
“I put it among the most important successes of my career. It was difficult because it was not an easy choice for me to come to Inter, during a time when the team was certainly not competitive or had the resources to achieve something important.
“Plus, I was going to a club that is rivals with Juventus, where I played for many years, and who were dominating the league. There were many negative situations that I was going into.
“Instead, I accepted the challenge with great eagerness, and I think the hard work repaid all those sacrifices.”
“I think the worst moment was when we went out of the Champions League, when the criticism we received was perhaps excessive,” Conte added.
“It wasn’t easy, we had a group of lads who were not accustomed to winning. We did well to come together and take the criticism so we could become even stronger.
“What took us to victory was that these players trusted me. I showed them the way, and they trusted me completely. In the end, we found the path.”
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother confirms his next clubIn SportsMay 13, 2021Premier League clubs remain in favour of the “armpit offsides”, as they prepare to discuss their Video Assistant Referee (VAR) survey, the UK Mirror ...[Read more]
- EPL: Jorginho clears air on leaving Chelsea after 1-0 defeat to ArsenalIn EPL, SportsMay 13, 2021
- Critics rip ‘wrong’ Cuomo for ‘harassment is not making someone uncomfortable’ claimIn USAMay 13, 2021Gov. Andrew Cuomo insisted Thursday that “harassment is not making someone feel uncomfortable” — a claim that critics quickly blasted as laughably ...[Read more]
- Accused COVID relief fraudster belongs to extremist group, feds sayIn USAMay 13, 2021A man who allegedly worked with two cohorts in an attempt bilk the US government out of $14 million in COVID-19 relief funds is a self-described ...[Read more]
- Auto crash claims 2 lives in OnitshaIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]
- Nigerian sentenced to 27 years in prison for killing fellow student in CyprusIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021
- Colleges pushed anew for reparations for slavery, racismIn LifestyleMay 13, 2021PROVIDENCE, R.I. — For Brown University students, the Ivy League college’s next step in its yearslong quest to atone for its legacy of slavery is ...[Read more]
- Biafra: IPOB won’t attack Lagos – Ohanaeze Ndigbo president assures Sanwo-OluIn Biafra, NewsMay 13, 2021The Attorney General of the Federation AGF and Minister of Justice, Malam Abubakar, has hinted that the federal government will resuscitate special ...[Read more]
- Teachers union chief cites Stuyvesant HS in ripping standardized testingIn USAMay 13, 2021American Federation of Teachers president Randi Weingarten critiqued standardize testing Thursday — and specifically cited the racial makeup of ...[Read more]
- ‘When Is This Pandemic Ending, It’s Enough Now’ – Refilwe ModiselleIn South AfricaMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The renowned media personality made this known in a recent post she made on her verified social media handle on Twitter. READ ALSO: ...[Read more]