Arsenal captain, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, has revealed why he is struggling at Emirates this season.
Aubameyang signed a new deal with Arsenal in the summer but has yet to recapture his previous stunning form for the Gunners this season.
The 31-year-old has only managed three Premier League goals in 15 appearances so far this season for Mikel Arteta’s side.
But Aubameyang is now saying that he’s struggling because it was part of football, adding that he and his teammates gave a lot at the end of last season to win the FA Cup and to qualify for the Europa League.
Speaking ahead of Arsenal’s Premier League clash with Crystal
Palace on Thursday, Aubameyang told Sky Sports, “From the beginning of this season I was struggling a lot, but I think this is part of football.
“We gave a lot at the end of the season to win the FA Cup and to qualify for the Europa League because it was really important for the club.
“Sometimes you’ve ups and downs, and you’ve to manage as best you can. I tried my best, and until now it wasn’t the best performance from me.”
“I am still positive. I think I can turn this around,” the Gabonese striker added.
“It is really hard to manage both, but you’ve to be as positive as you can because the team needs you.
“I always try to give my best, not only on the pitch but also in the dressing room for the guys.
“Sometimes it is hard, and maybe you aren’t in the right mood, but you’ve to find a way to change it and give positive vibes for the guys.”
- His status at Chelsea is undiminished – Abramovich breaks silence on Lampard’s sackIn SportsJanuary 25, 2021Chelsea owner, Roman Abramovich, has said Frank Lampard’s status as a Chelsea legend “remains undiminished” despite his sack. In a statement on the ...[Read more]
- Uganda Court Orders End To Bobi Wine House ArrestIn Celebrity News, Nigeria News, World NewsJanuary 25, 2021Uganda’s High Court on Monday ordered security forces to end their confinement of presidential election runner-up Bobi Wine. The presidential ...[Read more]
- SAD NEWS: Actor Eddie Nartey’s Wife Dies 2 Years After Their MarriageIn EntertainmentJanuary 25, 2021Actor Eddie Nartey‘s wife, Vida Obenewah Nartey, is dead just two years after their marriage. Teary Eddie Nartey announced the death of his wife in ...[Read more]
- BREAKING: Gunmen shoot soldier dead, cart away rifle in DeltaIn Local NewsJanuary 25, 2021A 48-year-old man, Akeem Bello, on Monday appeared before an Ikorodu Magistrates’ Court for allegedly causing the death of two persons through ...[Read more]
- Recap: Top Events That Took Place During The WekeendIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsJanuary 25, 2021<!– Recap: Top Events That Took Place During The Weekend The past weekend was one full of many activities for the Nigerian community, as ...[Read more]
- Man in court over alleged manslaughter in LagosIn Local NewsJanuary 25, 2021A total of 176 persons have died in various road crashes that occurred across Ogun State between January and December 2020, DAILY POST learnt. The ...[Read more]
- Mzbel’s Beljam Records Introduces Signee Heartman With First Single Titled ‘For You’In Entertainment, MzbelJanuary 25, 2021On Friday, BelJam Records’ CEO Belinda Nana Ekua Amoah (Mzbel) outdoors her new signee Heartman Lali Ezuh (HeartMan) at an unveiling meeting with the ...[Read more]
- Zamfara : 8,000 civil servants petition NLC over pension refundIn NewsJanuary 25, 2021Nigerian Government through the National Information Technology Development Agency, NITDA, has reminded all data controllers and processors in the ...[Read more]
- Simi Explains Why She Named Her Album “Restless II” While On Apple MusicIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 25, 2021First-time mum singer and songwriter Simi was on Apple Music 1 over the weekend with Alexis Nadeska as she discusses her latest album “Restless II”. ...[Read more]
- Mind Your Business – Sonia, Jude Ighalo’s Wife Slams Fan Who Asked About Her MarriageIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 25, 2021Sonia Ighalo wife of football star Jude Ighalo wants everyone to mind their business and stay out of any conversations involving her marriage. The ...[Read more]