A former Liverpool defender, Steve Nicol, has predicted that neither Manchester United nor Jurgen Klopp’s side will both win their Premier League and FA Cup clashes this month.
Liverpool and Man United will meet this weekend in the Premier League and then will do battle again a week later in the FA Cup fourth round.
But Nicol believes that no side will leave both games with two wins because of how close together the fixtures are.
Liverpool presently leads the Premier League table with goal difference but Man United will go into Sunday’s meeting on top of the table if they avoid defeat against Burnley on Tuesday night at Turf Moor.
“Well, the only thing I can tell you is that it is extremely unusual that one team wins both,” Nicol told ESPN.
“Having been in that situation in many, many situations – depending on the result of the first one, the other one goes completely different.
“I guess if you are Liverpool: do you want to win the FA Cup game or do you want to win the Premier League game? It is the same question for Manchester United.
“When you go into it, you will think, “Oh right, we will win both”. But as I said, experience tells me and being involved in it many, many times no one team wins both.
“I guess if you ask both of these sides, which one do you want to win. I suggest that both will say the Premier League game.”
- If you fall under anointing and break anything, you will pay – Pastor warns church members (Video)In GossipJanuary 27, 2021A Nigerian pastor has issued a warning to his church members who are fond of falling under the anointing and breaking church properties. In a ...[Read more]
- Nigerian woman expresses regret after finding out the baby she abandoned at age 2 is now a kingIn GossipJanuary 27, 2021A woman simply known as Ngozi has cried out in regret for treating her husband unfairly and abandoning her baby many years ago. She revealed that she ...[Read more]
- “She is a just friend” – Ned Nwoko clears the air on affair with Zambian mistressIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 27, 2021Popular politician, Ned Nwoko has cleared the air on his move to marry an eighth wife, after an alleged affair with a Zambian, Phyllis Thompson. It ...[Read more]
- Lawmakers ask Ministry of Health to stop its plans to use N10 billion in production of COVID19 vaccinesIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021The National Assembly Joint Committee on Health has asked the Ministry of Health to suspend further actions on plans to utilize the N10 billion ...[Read more]
- Petition challenging our client’s dead-on-arrival – Lawyers for Assin North MPIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Lawyers for Assin North Member of Parliament(mp) James Gyakye Quayson are asking the Cape Coast High Court in the Central Region to dismiss the ...[Read more]
- EPL: Arteta gives injury updates on Partey, Smith Rowe ahead of Man Utd clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 27, 2021Odion Ighalo, on Tuesday, paid tribute to Manchester United with a farewell letter. The Nigerian striker thanked Man United management and fans ...[Read more]
- The north became NDC when Adu Boahen said give them kerosene not electricity – John Tia recalls ’92 insultsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former Information Minister John Tia has revealed why people in the Northern part of Ghana always vote for the National Democratic Congress (NDC). ...[Read more]
- “Richest ashewo” – Bobrisky says while flaunting jewelry worth N12.4MIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 27, 2021The most talked-about male barbie in Nigeria, Bobrisky has flaunted the worth of jewelry he wore to a date worth over N12.4m. In a recent video on ...[Read more]
- Tinubu gave me N2m to fuel my car in 2009 – Yoruba activist, Sunday IgbohoIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021Popular Yoruba activist, Sunday Igboho has disclosed that he met with former Governor of Lagos state and national leader of the All Progressives ...[Read more]
- Why Ewe traditional rulers boycotted Rawlings’ funeral explained, his wife Konadu fingeredIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former National Women of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Anita Desoso says the Ewe Chiefs and family of the late former President of Ghana ...[Read more]