Chelsea forward, Timo Werner has equalled the club’s former player, Eden Hazard’s record at Stamford Bridge.
Werner, who has endured a lot of criticism this season, equalled a record held by Hazard, who currently plays for Real Madrid, in Chelsea’s 2-0 win over Fulham in the Premier League on Saturday.
The 25-year-old has come under fire on several occasions this season for missing easy chances, the most recent of which came in Chelsea’s Champions League semi-final first-leg 1-1 draw with Real Madrid last Tuesday.
The Germany international failed to get on the scoresheet once again against Fulham, but he did provide the assist for Kai Havertz’s second goal against the visitors.
And in doing so, Werner registered his 10th assist in all competitions for the Blues this season, which means he is now in double figures for both goals and assists for the campaign so far.
And the last Chelsea player to manage that feat in their debut season at the west London club was Hazard in the 2012-2013 campaign.
Meanwhile, speaking about Werner’s display against Fulham, Chelsea coach, Thomas Tuchel, said at his post-match press conference, “Timo [Werner] was involved in many chances.
“Kai played double striker with Timo, and the two had a good connection and were always dangerous. There is still a lot to improve but another good performance.”
- GPLwk23: Karela finally win; Dwarfs vs Legon Cities abandoned after fans threatened RefereesIn Ghana, NewsMay 9, 2021Karela United finally secured a win at the 6th time of asking since the second round of the league started more than one month ago with a hard fought ...[Read more]
- Man joyfully tattoos face of reality star, Mercy Eke on his arm (Video)In Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Die-hard fan inks the tattoo of the face of his favourite reality star, Mercy Eke, a.k.a Lambo on his arm as he joyfully shows it off. A video making ...[Read more]
- Times Square shooter was allegedly aiming for his brother, sources revealIn USAMay 9, 2021The NYPD is still hunting for the suspect, identified by sources as 31-year-old illegal CD peddler Farrakhan Muhammad. The suspected Times Square ...[Read more]
- Video shows ‘hero’ NYPD cop running with wounded child after Times Square shootingIn USAMay 9, 2021Stunning surveillance footage captures a “hero” female cop frantically running through Times Square with the youngest victim of Saturday’s shooting ...[Read more]
- “Never set out to make money from your customers” – Reno Omokri warn entrepreneursIn Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Public speaker and author, Reno Omokri has urged entrepreneurs to desist from making money from their customers, urging them to add meaning to their ...[Read more]
- “New meme loading” – Reactions as Osita Iheme “Pawpaw” shares photo of himself drinking waterIn Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Netizens react as a veteran pint-size actor, Osita Iheme, popularly known as “Pawpaw” shares a cool picture of himself drinking table water. The ...[Read more]
- MTA’s Sarah Feinberg says subway safety will improve as riders returnIn USAMay 9, 2021New York City’s subways will be safer once the subways hit 4 or 5 million daily riders, Interim Transit President Sarah Feinberg said Sunday — while ...[Read more]
- Niger boat accident death toll hits 28In Local News, NewsMay 9, 2021The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) busted a drug cartel that sells drugged cookies, cakes, and brownies to residents of Abuja and ...[Read more]
- Abuja: NDLEA bursts cartel selling drugs online, arrests 5In Local NewsMay 9, 2021The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) busted a drug cartel that sells drugged cookies, cakes, and brownies to residents of Abuja and ...[Read more]
- Man Renounces His Position In His Family As The First BornIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT A man identified as Kingsley Ifeanyi has renounced his position as the firstborn in his family. Obviously overwhelmed by the enormity ...[Read more]