Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has said he had to calm his players down at half-time against Burnley, after two VAR decisions went against them.
United eventually went on to win 1-0 at Turf Moor, thanks to Paul Pogba’s fine volley.
The result sends them three points clear at the top of the Premier League.
The hosts could have been one man down in the first half, after Robbie Brady appeared to deny Edinson Cavani a clear goalscoring opportunity.
But after a VAR pitch-side review, referee Kevin Friend disregarded Brady’s foul entirely and instead booked United defender Luke Shaw for an earlier challenge.
United captain, Harry Maguire, then saw his header ruled out due to a controversial foul during his leap.
Solskjaer revealed his players were upset with Friend’s decisions and needed to be calmed at the break.
“You’ve got to calm them down at half-time because emotions are running high because they disagree with the things that happen out there,” Solskjaer told Sky Sports.
“So we have to take back control and we played really well in the second half and we held out at the end.”
- Bauchi Governor signs $70m MoU with UK-based firm on provision of electricityIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- Why I invited PDP Governor to commission projects in Jigawa – Gov BadaruIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- COVID-19: Africa’s cases surpass 3.3m as death toll hits 82,000In COVID-19, NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- BREAKING: Oyo: Makinde orders Police to arrest Sunday Igboho, others over Fulani quit noticeIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, has ordered the Police to arrest Sunday Igboho and others causing tension in the state. On Friday, Igboho went to ...[Read more]
- Brooklyn rapper Sheff G allegedly busted with loaded gun during traffic stopIn USAJanuary 22, 2021A Brooklyn rapper was allegedly busted with a loaded .45-caliber handgun after being stopped for an illegal u-turn, The Post has learned. The rapper, ...[Read more]
- Blasphemy: Death Sentence Of Kano Singer Overturned By The CourtIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 22, 2021
- Soldier brings out cutlass after slapping footballer, Chikelu Ofoedu (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 22, 2021A video circulating on social media shows the moment a military officer exchanged words with Nigerian professional footballer, Chikelu Ofoedu. The ...[Read more]
- Bernie Sanders mittens meme ‘visits’ Brooklyn College in hilarious photoshopIn USAJanuary 22, 2021Bernie Sanders and his viral mittens fit like a glove on the Brooklyn College campus! The liberal Vermont senator’s first alma mater photoshopped the ...[Read more]
- US Senate confirms Lloyd Austin as first black chief of PentagonIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021US retired general, Lloyd Austin has been confirmed as the country’s secretary of defence , becoming the second cabinet nominee of new ...[Read more]
- BREAKING: Nigerian university workers announce date to begin strikeIn Education, NewsJanuary 22, 2021The Federal University Gusau (FUGUS) has approved January 25, 2021 as the date for reopening and resumption of academic activities. According to the ...[Read more]