Arsenal has agreed to a deal with Benfica for Nuno Tavares, with the player set to undergo a medical ahead of a £7 million transfer.
The two clubs have been in negotiations for days over the left-back, with Gunners boss Mikel Arteta keen to bring in Tavares as cover for Kieran Tierney.
After a slight hitch in negotiations yesterday, a deal for the 21-year-old has now been reached.
Arsenal has agreed to pay an initial fee of around £7m for Tavares.
That fee could rise, however, by a further £1.5m should certain clauses be met during his time at the Emirates.
The Benfica youngster will now undergo a medical before finalising his switch.
Arsenal set to bring Nuno Tavares to Emirates
- New Arsenal goalkeeper undergoes medicals as Arteta lands Martinez’s replacement
- Arsenal to complete deals for two players after signing Tavares
- Transfers: Arsenal confirm Tavares signing, Liverpool close to Saul, others
- Arteta to play Willian in new position as Brazilian undergoes Arsenal medicals
- Arsenal set to bring Nuno Tavares to Emirates
- Transfer: Odegaard arrives London for Arsenal medicals
- Why I joined Arsenal – Nuno Tavares
- Nuno Tavares names Arsenal players he admire
- Transfer: Arteta takes final decision on signing Aouar for Arsenal
- Kai Havertz undergoes medicals as Chelsea breaks British transfer record