Arsenal forward, Willian has said that he is too scared to look at his phone at times for fear of racial abuse on social media.
The Brazilian said this following the racial attacks on Liverpool’s Trent Alexander-Arnold, Naby Keita and Sadio Mane..
The Liverpool stars were sent racist emojis on Instagram ahead of their Champions League quarter-finals first leg clash with the Real Madrid game on Tuesday.
Willian is calling for the handlers of the social media platforms to take more responsibility for their output.
“Does it frighten me to look at my phone? Yes, sometimes, to be honest,” Willian said, according to Express.
“We are human. I want to understand who these people think they are to come to speak like that to us.
“It really affects me when they talk about my family. If they want to criticise me, it’s no problem, I always accept that.
“But when they come to attack your family with those words that I cannot say here, that hurts.
“I think we have to find a way to change the profile of social media. I think people want to have Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, they need to put their ID, passport or whatever.”
Willian will file out with his Arsenal side on Thursday as they face Slavia Prague in the first leg of their Europa League quarter-finals.
And Slavia Prague will be without their Finnish midfielder Ondrej Kudela after being suspended for one match by UEFA for racially abusing Rangers’ Glen Kamara in the last 16.
- Akuapem Poloo granted bail after thousands signed petition for her freedomIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentApril 21, 2021Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh has pleaded to the Ghanaian government to release actress, Akuampe Poloo who was jailed for nudity. DAILY POST recalls ...[Read more]
- Actress, Kemi Afolabi Opens Up On Her Current Health Challenges, Says She Has Not Been Able To WorkIn Nigeria NewsApril 21, 2021ADVERTISEMENT ADVERTISEMENT Kemi Afolabi who was reported to be hit with an undisclosed illness intimated on her Instagram page that the last time ...[Read more]
- UEFA releases statement after EPL clubs withdrew from European Super LeagueIn EPL, SportsApril 21, 2021Chelsea owner, Roman Abramovich, has been left “furious” at how the European Super League saga played out as he fears for the damage to his status, ...[Read more]
- Photos: Actress Stephanie Okereke Celebrates 9th Wedding Anniversary With HusbandIn Nigeria NewsApril 21, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Actress Stephanie Okereke Linus is marking nine years since she got married t her husband Idahosa. Today April 21, marks their 9th ...[Read more]
- Stephanie Okereke Linus & Lovely Hubby Celebrates 9th Wedding AnniversaryIn Nigeria NewsApril 21, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Renowned Nigerian actress, Stephanie Okereke Linus and her lovely husband, Idahosa are celebrating their 9th wedding anniversary. The ...[Read more]
- We Did Not Discuss Pantami’s Issue At FEC- Lai MohammedIn Nigeria NewsApril 21, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has refused to react over the terrorist allegation levelled against the Minister of Communication ...[Read more]
- Toke Makinwa Searches For A Unicorn For A HusbandIn Nigeria NewsApril 21, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Toke Makinwa is not happy men she wants to fall in love with or come her way are carrying extra baggage and has therefore decided to ...[Read more]
- Biting worms invade coast to mate: ‘You may not want to go swimming’In LifestyleApril 21, 2021Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water. A mere year after US beaches started reopening post-lockdown, a biblical plague of biting ...[Read more]
- European Super League: Roman Abramovich reportedly furious with ChelseaIn SportsApril 21, 2021Chelsea owner, Roman Abramovich, has been left “furious” at how the European Super League saga played out as he fears for the damage to his status, ...[Read more]
- Speaker, Gbajabiamila blocks Elumelu’s motion seeking Pantami’s sackIn Nigeria NewsApril 21, 2021The House of Representatives Minority Leader, Ndudi Elumelu, on Wednesday, urged the House to demand resignation or sack of the Minister of ...[Read more]