Villarreal manager, Unai Emery, has advised Arsenal to remain patient with Mikel Arteta.
Emery believes Arteta who replaced him at the Emirates, is the right man to bring back former glories to the North London club.
Arteta gave an indication of his potential by leading Arsenal to an unlikely FA Cup triumph last August.
However, despite significant investment last summer, the Gunners have failed to kick on and are set to finish in mid-table in the Premier League.
”The only time Arsenal can qualify for Europe, is if they win the Europa League, where they face Villarreal in the semi-final.
“There are several processes they have to overcome,” Emery said at his pre-match press conference.
“I had to work coming in after Arsene Wenger. We lost the Europa League against Chelsea, the next year we didn’t start too well and I think Arteta should build on these improvements.
“This is a process that needs a bit of time to execute a game plan. I am convinced that we need to let managers work, we need to have patience. At Arsenal, we needed to be patient and we need to be patient. We need to trust Arteta.
“It’s a question of patience of confidence, patience takes time and I can see a club and a team that with Arteta with time they will make it.”
- UCL: Neymar opens up on club he’ll play for next season after PSG 1-0 defeat to Bayern Munic
- UCL: Guardiola reveals what he told Man City players during half-time of PSG win
- UCL: PSG coach, Pochettino names strong squad to face Man City at Etihad
- UCL: Guardiola issues warning to Man City players ahead of PSG clash at Etihad
- UCL: How Man City will approach PSG clash at Etihad – Guardiola
- UCL: Rio Ferdinand names ‘best player’ in the world after Man City 2-0 win over PSG
- UCL: What referee told us during 2-0 loss to Man City – PSG players
- UCL: They lost their nerve, started kicking us – Man City’s Mahrez blasts PSG players
- Super League: PSG to win UCL as UEFA may kick out Chelsea, Real Madrid, Man City this Friday
- UCL: Michael Owen predicts Champions League result for PSG vs Man City