Super Eagles of Nigeria legend, Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha, has confessed that he would like to play in the current team of his former club, Paris Saint-Germain.
Parisians take on Manchester City in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final tie at the Etihad on Tuesday having lost the first leg 1-0 in Paris last Wednesday.
Okocha, a former Super Eagles captain, said the French champions are putting suitable structures in place, which has seen them as title contenders in Europe.
Okocha, who joined PSG in 1998, also admitted that the current team, having Kylian Mbappe, Neymar, among others, is stronger now than when he was there.
The former midfield maestro, alongside Nicolas Anelka and current PSG manager, Mauricio Pochettino, helped the French side win the UEFA Intertoto Cup in 2001.
PSG made it to the final of the UEFA Champions League last season narrowly to eventual winners Bayern Munich.
Okocha is impressed with how much work his former side has put into reaching such dizzy heights and wished he was still part of the playing personnel.
“I think PSG are working very well. They are almost where they want to be as they are getting closer to their goal of winning the Champions League,” Okocha told Canal+
“They have laid a good foundation because all the great players want to play for PSG. I think they have to maintain these results and stay at the top.
“I, too, would have liked to play in this team. The current team is certainly stronger than it was when I was playing.”
- Governor Bala Says FG Can’t Revive Nigeria’s EconomyIn Nigeria NewsMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed has stated that the Federal Government has no clue on how to balance the nation economically. As ...[Read more]
- Feds green light four new Metro-North stations in the BronxIn USAMay 13, 2021The feds have given the green light for the MTA’s plan to build four new Penn Station-bound Metro-North rail stations in the Bronx, Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...[Read more]
- Reality Star, Ifu Ennada Wrestles Assistant ‘Jesus’ Who Dragged Her For Showing Off Her CleavagesIn Nigeria NewsMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Reality TV star, Iheme Faith Uloma popularly known as Ifu Ennada has lampooned a fan who chided her after she showed her cleavages in ...[Read more]
- New NYC mayoral poll shows Eric Adams leading Andrew Yang ahead of first debateIn USAMay 13, 2021A new survey shows Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams once again emerging as the favorite of likely Democratic voters for the June 22 primary, ...[Read more]
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother confirms his next clubIn SportsMay 13, 2021Premier League clubs remain in favour of the “armpit offsides”, as they prepare to discuss their Video Assistant Referee (VAR) survey, the UK Mirror ...[Read more]
- EPL: Jorginho clears air on leaving Chelsea after 1-0 defeat to ArsenalIn EPL, SportsMay 13, 2021Premier League clubs remain in favour of the “armpit offsides”, as they prepare to discuss their Video Assistant Referee (VAR) survey, the UK Mirror ...[Read more]
- Critics rip ‘wrong’ Cuomo for ‘harassment is not making someone uncomfortable’ claimIn USAMay 13, 2021Gov. Andrew Cuomo insisted Thursday that “harassment is not making someone feel uncomfortable” — a claim that critics quickly blasted as laughably ...[Read more]
- Accused COVID relief fraudster belongs to extremist group, feds sayIn USAMay 13, 2021A man who allegedly worked with two cohorts in an attempt bilk the US government out of $14 million in COVID-19 relief funds is a self-described ...[Read more]
- Auto crash claims 2 lives in OnitshaIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]
- Nigerian sentenced to 27 years in prison for killing fellow student in CyprusIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]