Tottenham Hotspur manager, Jose Mourinho, has criticized his players after their Premier League 1-1 draw with Fulham on Wednesday night.
He also singled out Hugo Lloris for criticism, adding that the goalkeeper did not make any save against Fulham.
Mourinho explained that Tottenham players failed to “kill the game” when they had opportunities to do so against Fulham.
Goals from Harry Kane and Ivan Cavaleiro ensured both Tottenham and Fulham shared a point each.
“Once more, we conceded a goal that was completely avoidable,” Mourinho told Amazon Prime Video.
“I have to admit in the second half they played more. They were losing and tried, but Hugo Lloris did not make a save, but we did not kill the game.
“Again, we lost the man in the corner. We have lots of opportunities to kill off matches. In other cases, especially away, we are winning but then don’t have that ambition to get the goal and kill the game.
“There are things that are individual. There are things that are individual qualities and individual mistakes. I cannot say more than that.”
Tottenham are now in the sixth position on the Premier League table, with Manchester City rising to third after their 1-0 win over Brighton in Wednesday’s other fixture.
Mourinho’s side will tackle Sheffield United this weekend at Bramall Lane in their next Premier League fixture.
- Thomas Tuchel is sacked by PSG with ex-Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino ‘set to replace him’
- PSG confirm sacking of Thomas Tuchel with ex-Tottenham bossÂ Mauricio Pochettino expected to be announced as new coach
- Champions League: PSG will fight to the death over trophy – Pochettino
- New Paris Saint-Germain coach, Mauricio Pochettino tests positive for Covid-19
- Former Tottenham coach, Mauricio Pochettino rejects new job offer
- Juventus in talks with former Tottenham manager, Mauricio Pochettino
- Mauricio Pochettino in shocking move to Barcelona
- Mauricio Pochettino To Take Over A Barcelona Manager
- Champions League: What Pochettino said about Mbappe, Neymar, others after PSG defeated Bayern Munich
- Champions League: What Pochettino said after PSG eliminates Bayern Munich, qualify for semi-finals