A teen girl was snatched off a Queens street and driven off by a strange man — but was able to escape, cops said.
The 14-year-old girl had just left a College Point supermarket around 11 p.m. when the man — holding a clipboard with her photo attached to it — approached her about a block away, at 123rd Street and 20th Avenue, according to cops and police sources.
He suddenly grabbed her and shoved her into the rear passenger seat of his black Honda sedan, authorities said.
He drove around with his teen victim for about 20 minutes before he stopped his car at 129th Street and got out to make a phone call, police sources said.
The victim, who was not restrained, managed to escape, cops said.
She fled to a gas station in Whitestone, where she flagged down a woman who called her mother for her and drove her home, according to authorities and the sources.
The victim, who was not physically hurt, called 911 when she got home around 12:30 a.m., police said.
The suspect was still on the loose Tuesday.
- Why IPOB won’t work, recognize Obiozor as Ohanaeze President-General – Nnamdi KanuIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Insecurity: Only God can give us victory – Femi AdesinaIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Security operatives kill several bandits in Kaduna villageIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Buhari reacts to death of Abubaka, Sultan of Sokoto’s younger brotherIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021A former governorship aspirant in Lagos State, Babatunde Gbadamosi has narrated his experience with COVID-19. Gbadamosi tested positive for the virus ...[Read more]
- Man killed in hit-and-run crash in the Bronx, cops sayIn USAJanuary 16, 2021A man died following a hit-and-run crash in the Bronx early Saturday, police said. The NYPD said the victim, believed to be in his 60s or 70s, was ...[Read more]
- Pigeons released by Imo Governor, Uzodinma also refuse to fly (Watch)In Viral NewsJanuary 16, 2021It appears this is a period of subtle birds protest as Pigeons released by Imo state governor refused to take flight at the state’s Armed Forces ...[Read more]
- “What I Would Love To Be Remembered For” – Singer, SimiIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 16, 2021Nigerian sensational singer and mother of one, Simisola Kosoko professionally known as Simi, has disclosed what she would love to be remembered for. ...[Read more]
- Gbadamosi narrates how he survived COVID-19In COVID-19, NewsJanuary 16, 2021Olisa and Onyeka Eze, two princes of Ukpo kingdom in Dunukofia Local Government Area of Anambra State, who were detained for three months over a ...[Read more]
- Akande remains truly inspirational, a challenge to politicians – OyetolaIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Liverpool vs Man Utd: Ex-EPL referee reveals how Klopp tried to influence himIn EPL, SportsJanuary 16, 2021Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, has reacted to reports linking the club’s former coach, Avram Grant, with a return to Chelsea. Grant has been linked ...[Read more]