An 6-year-old child was shot and seriously injured in Yonkers on Thursday night, police said.
The youngster was shot in the chest on Ash Street near Oak Street just after 6 p.m., according to police.
The victim was rushed to a local hospital in serious condition.
Police did not immediately provide further details on the shooting as their investigation got underway.
- 8-year-old child shot, seriously injured, in Yonkers
- Several people shot in Yonkers
- Four shot in Yonkers drive-by that may be gang related
- Three teens arrested in shooting of 6-year-old Yonkers boy
- 3-year-old boy seriously injured by bagel machine at dad’s workplace
- 57-year-old pedestrian seriously injured in Harlem hit-and-run
- 11-year-old boy seriously injured in hit-and-run on Long Island
- Cops trying to determine why driver fled before fatal Yonkers crash
- This six-floor castle in Yonkers is on the market for just $1.3M
- Cops hunt for thief who stole Torah from Yonkers synagogue