The son of a prominent Brooklyn judge is facing four federal charges over his involvement in the deadly riots at the US Capitol last week, according to a federal complaint unsealed Tuesday.
Charges against Aaron Mostofsky include theft of government property, illegal entry into a restricted area and disorderly conduct in Wednesday’s insurrection.
Mostofsky was captured on video with the items he allegedly stole — a police riot shield and bulletproof vest — during an interview he gave to The Post inside the Capitol building, saying “the election was stolen” and that “75 million people voted for Trump,” the complaint states.
The items belong to the US Capitol Police, according to court papers, with the vest worth $1,905 and the riot shield valued at $256.
“In the video interview ‘Aaron’ states that he took a police riot shield that he found on floor,” the papers allege. “‘Aaron’ then motioned to the police vest on his chest, in what appears to be him indicating that he also found that item on the floor and took it into his possession.”
Five people died during the pro-Trump riots on Wednesday.
Mostofsky is the son of Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Shlomo Mostofsky, who is a prominent leader in the Orthodox Jewish community.
He was arrested Tuesday morning at his brother’s house in Brooklyn, with FBI agents carting away the walking stick and fur pelts he wore during the insurrection.
Mostofsky is expected to appear Tuesday afternoon in Brooklyn federal court.
- Bandits attack Dutsin Gari, Rayau communities in Zamfara, scores killedIn Local NewsJanuary 19, 2021A herb dealer, Rofiat Biliameen, has petitioned a Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan to dissolve her two and a half-year-old marriage to estranged ...[Read more]
- “I Wish I Was Dead” – American Rapper Bianca Bonnie ConfessesIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021American rapper Bianca Dupree, who is professionally known as Bianca Bonnie, has shared a concerning post. about herself through her social media ...[Read more]
- Why Nigeria needs to be restructured – Fmr Gov, Jonah JangIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021A former presidential aspirant in the 2019 general elections under the platform of the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), The former ...[Read more]
- Reintroducing Khafi The Actress – Khafi Kareem Announces Plans To Return To ActingIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Reality TV star Khafi Kareem has announced plans to return to her first love and passion acting. The TV star shared a video of herself participating ...[Read more]
- Nigeria’s Border Closure Is Good For Security – NIS Boss BabandedeIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Mohammed Babandede the Comptroller General Of the Nigerian Immigration Service has revealed that the closure of the Nigerian borders was a great ...[Read more]
- Woman narrates how she was lured into marriage with voodooIn Local NewsJanuary 19, 2021A herb dealer, Rofiat Biliameen, has petitioned a Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan to dissolve her two and a half-year-old marriage to estranged ...[Read more]
- Court dismisses NJC’s objection on Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia’s sackIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021A Federal High Court, Abuja on Tuesday dismissed the objection raised by the National Judicial Council (NJC) against the hearing of a suit instituted ...[Read more]
- Is singer Vanessa Mdee and Nigerian-American actor Rotimi already married?In NewsJanuary 19, 2021Is singer Vanessa Mdee and Nigerian-American actor Rotimi already married? We know the two got engaged in December 2020(Read here) but Vanessa is ...[Read more]
- Governor Buni speaks on consolidating success in education Yobe StateIn Education, NewsJanuary 19, 2021Northern elders have appealed to President Muhamadu Buhari to device a new approach to restore peace in the region considering that the current ...[Read more]
- I’m A Good Actress- Vee RevealsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Big brother naija ex housemate, Vee has come out to declare her she is a good actress and she wants everyone to know about it.The reality TV star ...[Read more]