An Asian woman was ordered to take off her mask — and then hit in the head with a hammer — by a female stranger in Times Square on Sunday, one of two suspected hate crimes in Manhattan over the weekend.
The attack unfolded around 8:40 p.m. when the black suspect snapped at her 31-year-old victim, “Take off your mask!” in front of 411 W. 42nd St., cops said Monday.
The attacker then swung a hammer at the victim, hitting her on the left side of the face, according to police.
Cops recovered the hammer, but the attacker is still in the wind. The incident is being investigated as a hate crime, authorities said.
The injured woman, who has an address listed in California, was treated at NYU Langone Hospital, cops said.
A little more than a day earlier, a 20-year-old man was busted for allegedly attacking an Asian couple just outside Grand Central Station.
The white attacker called the pair “dangerous” and said, “You don’t belong here” before hitting the 50-year-old woman in the head with a bag of chips, police said.
Cops later nabbed the suspect, Adam Taversiere, inside the station.
Taversiere, who was busted in July for allegedly knocking out windows on an MTA train, now faces two counts of assault as a hate crime and aggravated harassment as a hate crime, police said.
- Please You Are Not Well – Omotola Jalade Reacts After Man Drew A Portrait Of HerIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nollywood actress and movie producer Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has reacted sarcastically to a portrait a man drew of her. One of the ...[Read more]
- Here’s the trail of death and destruction allegedly left by members of NYC’s ‘Hoolies’ gangIn USAMay 8, 2021This week’s indictment of 18 reputed gang members not only solved the infamous slaying of a 1-year-old Brooklyn boy, it nailed those responsible for ...[Read more]
- Charter school backer starts PAC to boost Eric Adams’ bid for mayorIn USAMay 8, 2021A major charter school backer is launching a Super PAC to help elect Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams the next mayor of New York City. Jenny ...[Read more]
- Cops say death of 12-year-old NYC boy is ‘suspicious’In USAMay 7, 2021Police are investigating a 12-year-old Brooklyn boy’s death as suspicious. Emergency responders were called to 2920 Cortelyou Road in Flatbush Friday ...[Read more]
- Manhattan Judge says NYC federal lockups are ‘run by morons’In USAMay 7, 2021A senior judge in New York blasted the conditions of two notorious federal jails in the city during a recent sentencing hearing — saying they are run ...[Read more]
- City GOP candidates demand probe of de Blasio and wife over $1B ThriveNYCIn USAMay 7, 2021Republican candidates running for city office called on lawmakers to investigate Mayor Bill de Blasio and his wife, Chirlane McCray, over their $1.25 ...[Read more]
- 8 great ways to celebrate Mother’s Day in NYC this yearIn LifestyleMay 7, 2021It’s the mother of all holidays. And after more than a year of social distancing, what better way to spend this Mother’s Day than by enjoying ...[Read more]
- Presidency Is Not By Allocation, It Is A Result Of A Political Process – El-Rufai Tells IgbosIn Nigeria NewsMay 7, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Governor Nasir El-rufai of Kaduna State has claimed that the Igbos would not be able to secure the presidency by playing the victim and ...[Read more]
- The best Mother’s Day gifts from local NYC small businessesIn LifestyleMay 7, 2021What do moms and NYC shops have in common? After this past year, they’re both deserving of some extra TLC. So grab your wallet and pick up one of ...[Read more]
- NYPD honors fallen officer with plaque dedication in QueensIn USAMay 7, 2021A fallen NYPD officer who died nearly three decades ago while executing a search warrant at a Queens housing complex was honored Friday. NYPD ...[Read more]