An 84-year-old Bronx man was killed in an apartment fire that broke out while he was smoking in bed, according to authorities and police sources.
Juan Melendez died in the blaze that began around 2:10 a.m. inside his second-floor apartment on Arlington Avenue near West 232nd Street in Spuyten Duyvil, authorities said.
He had been smoking in bed when it caught fire, the sources said.
First responders found him unconscious and unresponsive, and he was pronounced dead on scene.
Two other injured civilians were treated on scene, according to the FDNY.
The fire was placed under control by around 2:45 a.m.
- BBNaija’s Mercy Eke reacts after video of herself and third boyfriend went viralIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 15, 2021• BBNaija 2019 star Mercy has shared a reaction over the news about her romantic moment with new boyfriend. • Mercy Eke was on Thursday spotted in a ...[Read more]
- Monarchs demand justice, fairness in creation of new LCDA’sIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Some traditional rulers in Ido/Osi Local Government Area of Ekiti State have appealed to the Committee superintending over the creation of Local ...[Read more]
- Fulham vs Chelsea: Lampard names player to miss EPL clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- Education, health very important to us – Governor Ikpeazu tells MDCNIn Education, NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Lagos State government on Friday said about 8,043 active COVID-19 cases are currently being managed under the state’s Home-Based Care. Prof. Akin ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: 8,043 active cases under Lagos Home Based Care – AbayomiIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- EPL: Klopp singles out one Man Utd player ahead of Sunday’s clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- Spanish Super Cup: Marco Asensio blames opposition for Real Madrid’s defeatIn SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- My machine just landed mehn! – Nigerian mum says as she cruises in her N35 million Tesla (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 15, 2021A video is currently circulating online and it capture the moment a Nigerian mum was taking a ride in her newly acquired Tesla. Her son shared a ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: LASU shuts hostels as three students test positiveIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Ohanaeze youths warns CAN against dabbling into politics, advises ObiozorIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021