Cash poured into the coffers of the major candidates running to replace term-limited Mayor Bill de Blasio in the upcoming June Democratic primary, their campaigns said in statements released Wednesday.
The donations came in as the city’s attention remains fixed on the pandemic that has killed more than 25,000 New Yorkers.
Investment banker-turned-politician Ray McGuire, who opted out of the city’s public financing system, led the pack by raising $5 million and has $3.7 million in his account, according to campaign spokeswoman Lupe Todd-Medina.
City Comptroller Scott Stringer raised $458,000 from donors and expects to receive another $1.6 million in public funding for his campaign. He has $7.6 million on hand for the remaining six months of the primary, his campaign expects.
Another top tier contender, Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams raised just $123,000 from private donors but his campaign said it expects those checks would yield an additional $1 million through the public financing system. Adams expects to have “nearly” $8 million in the bank.
Meanwhile, former top de Blasio adviser Maya Wiley claimed her campaign raised $700,000, which her advisers hope will net an additional $2 million from the generous public campaign financing system. A campaign spokesman was not able to provide the amount of cash on hand.
And another top de Blasio aide, former Sanitation Commissioner Kathryn Garcia, self-reported raising $300,000 from 1,500 donors, but apparently fell short of the thresholds to receive matching city funds.
The campaigns are required to file the identities of the donors and amounts given to the Campaign Finance Board by Friday.
- Ned Nwoko finally makes clarification on Zambian mistress alleged to become his 7th wifeIn Entertainment, GossipJanuary 27, 2021Nigerian billionaire and philanthropist, Prince Ned Nwoko has cleared the air on reports of him planning marry a Zambian, Phyllis Thompson as his 7th ...[Read more]
- Chelsea vs Wolves: Abramovich sets target for Tuchel as he replaces LampardIn SportsJanuary 27, 2021
- Chelsea vs Wolves: Details of Tuchel’s discussion with players ahead of first gameIn SportsJanuary 27, 2021
- Serwaa Amihere Flaunts The Handsome Gynecologist Who Takes Care Of Her Pxxy And Entire Reproductive SystemIn EntertainmentJanuary 27, 2021Serwaa Amihere has flaunted the man who has the license to call her at any time and tell her hey, come and let me check your pxxy if it’s receiving ...[Read more]
- BBNaija’s Ka3na reveals why she’s “so proud and likes fighting with everyone”In Celebrity NewsJanuary 27, 2021Controversial ex-BBNaija housemate, Ka3na “the boss lady”, has taken to social media to reveal why she’s “so proud and likes fighting everyone”. The ...[Read more]
- Man Utd vs Sheffield: We will not buy new players – SolskjaerIn SportsJanuary 27, 2021
- ‘What Did Igbo People Do To Buhari?”- Reno Omokri Reacts To The Non-inclusion Of Igbo People In Appointment Of Fresh Service ChiefsIn Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsJanuary 27, 2021Political activist Reno Omokri has reacted to the recent appointment of new service chiefs by President Buhari. The activist took to his Instagram ...[Read more]
- ‘Trump impeachment trial is illegal ‘ – 95% of U.S. Senate Republicans vote that convicting an ex-president is unconstitutionalIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021It looks like former US president won’t be convicted by the US Senate after the Senate tabled an effort by Sen. Rand Paul Tuesday to force a ...[Read more]
- Police uncover another child trafficking syndicate in Anambra (photos)In NewsJanuary 27, 2021The police in Anambra state has uncovered yet another child trafficking syndicate in the state. A statement released by the spokesperson of the ...[Read more]
- Don’t Call Me A Liar – Jennifer Lopez Speaks On Claims That She’s Had A BotoxIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 27, 2021Jennifer Lopez has once again come out to set the records straight that she’s never had cosmetic surgery or a botox done before. The actress over the ...[Read more]