“Club Kid Killer” Michael Alig died from an overdose of various hard drugs.
The infamous promoter’s cause of death was acute intoxication by fentanyl, acetylfentanyl, heroin and methamphetamine, the Office of Chief Medical Examiner in New York City confirmed to TMZ.
OCME didn’t immediately return Page Six’s request for comment.
Alig was found dead on Christmas Eve 2020 at age 54 of a suspected heroin overdose. Ex-boyfriend Ben Silva discovered him just before midnight, and detectives recovered several zip-lock plastic bags, apparently containing heroin, from the home, as well as drug paraphernalia, officials said at the time.
A source later told Page Six that Alig, who once served time for a murder conviction, knew he would die by the end of 2020.
“Michael told me he probably wasn’t going to make it through the year. He started making ‘Party Monster 2’ movie, which was … footage of when he got out of prison,” the insider shared.
“It was like a documentary. Michael told me, ‘I’ll never see money from it because they said they’ll only release it after [longtime collaborator and DJ] Keoki or I died.’”
Alig and Robert “Freeze” Riggs served time in prison for killing Club Kid member Andre “Angel” Melendez, dismembering his body and tossing it in the Hudson River in 1996.
Alig was released from prison in 2014, but continued to chase his Club Kid heyday and do drugs.
The Club Kids went to war with Alig’s mother, Elke Blair, over his ashes after his death. Blair first agreed to split his ashes with the Club Kids, but then pulled the plug, telling Page Six she felt bullied by Alig’s longtime confidante Rachael Cain.
Strangely, Blair said she felt that Cain was pressuring her not only to put Alig’s remains at Brooklyn’s Green-Wood cemetery but also to choose it as her own final resting place.
In the end, the Club Kids planned a digital memorial for him at Green-Wood.
- Man stabbed, robbed of e-bike in Tompkins Square ParkIn USAMay 13, 2021A man was stabbed and robbed of his e-bike in Tompkins Square Park Thursday afternoon, police said. The violent encounter occurred just after 4:30 ...[Read more]
- Governor Bala Says FG Can’t Revive Nigeria’s EconomyIn Nigeria NewsMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed has stated that the Federal Government has no clue on how to balance the nation economically. As ...[Read more]
- Feds green light four new Metro-North stations in the BronxIn USAMay 13, 2021The feds have given the green light for the MTA’s plan to build four new Penn Station-bound Metro-North rail stations in the Bronx, Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...[Read more]
- Reality Star, Ifu Ennada Wrestles Assistant ‘Jesus’ Who Dragged Her For Showing Off Her CleavagesIn Nigeria NewsMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Reality TV star, Iheme Faith Uloma popularly known as Ifu Ennada has lampooned a fan who chided her after she showed her cleavages in ...[Read more]
- New NYC mayoral poll shows Eric Adams leading Andrew Yang ahead of first debateIn USAMay 13, 2021A new survey shows Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams once again emerging as the favorite of likely Democratic voters for the June 22 primary, ...[Read more]
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother confirms his next clubIn SportsMay 13, 2021Premier League clubs remain in favour of the “armpit offsides”, as they prepare to discuss their Video Assistant Referee (VAR) survey, the UK Mirror ...[Read more]
- EPL: Jorginho clears air on leaving Chelsea after 1-0 defeat to ArsenalIn EPL, SportsMay 13, 2021Premier League clubs remain in favour of the “armpit offsides”, as they prepare to discuss their Video Assistant Referee (VAR) survey, the UK Mirror ...[Read more]
- Critics rip ‘wrong’ Cuomo for ‘harassment is not making someone uncomfortable’ claimIn USAMay 13, 2021Gov. Andrew Cuomo insisted Thursday that “harassment is not making someone feel uncomfortable” — a claim that critics quickly blasted as laughably ...[Read more]
- Accused COVID relief fraudster belongs to extremist group, feds sayIn USAMay 13, 2021A man who allegedly worked with two cohorts in an attempt bilk the US government out of $14 million in COVID-19 relief funds is a self-described ...[Read more]
- Auto crash claims 2 lives in OnitshaIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]