The Cuomo administration began tracking COVID-19 related out-of-facility nursing home residents deaths as early as last April — yet still withheld the data from a state Health Department report released nearly three months later, according to a document obtained by The Post.
The state DOH memo sent out to the administrators of nursing homes and adult care facilities directed them to report daily the number of residents who died of COVID-19, including “if the death occurred in” their “facility or the hospital setting.”
A copy of the directive obtained by The Post is dated April 18, 2020 — about eleven weeks before a health department report that excluded the number of nursing home residents who died of coronavirus outside of their facilities.
Last month, The Wall Street Journal reported that Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s top aides pushed the DOH to omit the out-of-facility nursing resident deaths.
The final report, consequently, only included in-facility deaths, painting an incomplete picture of the pandemic’s effect on the state’s most vulnerable population.
Only after the Journal report did Cuomo’s team admit to withholding data in the public report.
“The out-of-facility data was omitted after DOH could not confirm it had been adequately verified,” Beth Garvey, special counsel to Cuomo, had said in a statement.
At the end of January, the state finally released an accounting of the number of nursing home resident deaths in both nursing homes and hospitals.
But, the revised figures came after months of stonewalling lawmakers and reporters, a lawsuit from the Empire Center and a damning state attorney general report.
A spokesperson for Cuomo did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- I Pray You Find Peace, You Need My Therapy’ – Kaffy Slams Troll Who Said She’s AgingIn Nigeria NewsApril 19, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Popular Nigerian dancer and fitness trainer, Dr. Kaffy Shafau-Ameh simply called Kaffy has taken a troll to the cleaners after he said ...[Read more]
- NYC teacher booted from ‘woke’ classroom, says boss has ‘grave doubts’In USAApril 19, 2021A whistleblowing teacher who ripped his Manhattan private school for “indoctrinating” students with extreme progressive politics has been booted from ...[Read more]
- Marijuana activist will hand out free joints to vaccinated NYers on 4/20In USAApril 19, 2021It may sound like a doobie-ous plan — but it’s now totally legal. A longtime marijuana activist has organized an effort to dole out free joints in ...[Read more]
- Man who threw bleach, Molotov cocktail at cops had five more explosivesIn USAApril 19, 2021The unhinged motorist who tossed a cup of bleach in a cop’s face then hurled a lit Molotov cocktail at a police vehicle had five more of the ...[Read more]
- “23 And Still A Virgin” – Nigerian Lady BragsIn Nigeria NewsApril 19, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Sighted on her Twitter account, the lady known as Queen Tonia and uses the handle @Queenistonia proudly announced that she is 23 years ...[Read more]
- Yemi Alade Bags A Mouthwatering 8 Figure DealIn Nigeria NewsApril 19, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigerian songstress, Yemi Alade has bagged a mouthwatering eight-figure deal. The musician disclosed this in a recent post she made on ...[Read more]
- Angry Man Utd players clash with Woodward over Super League plansIn SportsApril 19, 2021Tottenham striker, Harry Kane has sent a message to Jose Mourinho, thanking the Portuguese who was axed by the club earlier on Monday. According to ...[Read more]
- ‘Don’t Marry When You’re Broke Even If Your Husband-To-Be Is Rich’ — Alex Unusual To LadiesIn Nigeria NewsApril 19, 2021ADVERTISEMENT BBNaija star, Asogwa Alexandra who is known as Alex Unusual has advised ladies against marrying when they know they are broke. ...[Read more]
- Whether CBN Prints Money Or Not Isn’t An Issue- APC Replies Obaseki, PDPIn Nigeria NewsApril 19, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The ruling All Progressives Congress APC has shot down the allegations of Governor Obaseki that the country is being plunged into chaos ...[Read more]
- Rosy Meurer Flaunts Her Awesome Postpartum Body In Latest PostIn Nigeria NewsApril 19, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigerian actress, Rosy Meurer has taken to social media to flaunt her awesome postpartum body. The beautiful actress and mother of one ...[Read more]