New York state will run out of coronavirus vaccines on Friday — if it hasn’t already, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said.
“We run out of allocation today. The Week 1 to 5 allocation will be exhausted by the end of the day, Friday,” he said.
“It may already be exhausted.”
During a virtual news conference in Albany, Cuomo said the state had distributed 97 percent of its vaccine stockpile and would be proceeding “week-by-week” from here.
“We have 28,000 dosages in the state left from week 1 to 5,” he said,
“Problem is: we administer about 80,000 dosages per day. So, 28,000 doesn’t get you through the day when you’re doing 80,000 dosages per day.”
On Thursday, Cuomo said the state had exhausted 93 percent of its supply of “first-dose” vaccines and was on track to run out the next day.
He also urged President Biden “to do whatever he can to increase the supply.”
Earlier this week, Pfizer rebuffed Cuomo’s effort to buy more directly from the drug-maker, saying it needed authorization for the deal from the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Cuomo had argued that Pfizer was “not bound by commitments” that rival vaccine maker Moderna made to former President Trump’s Operation Warp Speed vaccine-development initiative.
The state is expected to receive another 250,000 doses next week, with 109,000 earmarked for New York City, Cuomo’s office has said, which would last about three days at current distribution rates.
- EPL: Tuchel slams referee for checking VAR after Hudson-Odoi’s handballIn EPL, SportsFebruary 28, 2021
- Chelsea vs Man Utd: Referee reportedly admits Hudson-Odoi’s handball was ‘penalty’In SportsFebruary 28, 2021
- NYPD seeks ‘person of interest’ in Brooklyn stabbing outside gambling denIn USAFebruary 28, 2021Cops are looking for a “person of interest” in the Friday night stabbing outside a Brooklyn gambling den that left a good Samaritan dead, police ...[Read more]
- EPL: Arteta, Lacazette reacts to Arsenal 3-1 win against Leicester CityIn EPL, SportsFebruary 28, 2021
- Popular market razed in Edo, shop owners hospitalisedIn Local NewsFebruary 28, 2021Goods worth millions of naira have been destroyed by a fire which razes a section of the Oregbeni market, close to the national headquarter of the ...[Read more]
- EPL: Brendan Rodgers reacts to Leicester City 3-1 defeat to ArsenalIn EPL, SportsFebruary 28, 2021Brendan Rodgers has reacted to Leicester City’s 3-1 defeat to Arsenal in the Premier League on Sunday. Leicester took the lead early at the King ...[Read more]
- Central Park carriage horse euthanized last year likely had genetic disease: Health Dept.In USAFebruary 28, 2021A carriage horse euthanized after collapsing in Central Park last year likely had a genetic muscular disease — and showed no signs of mistreatment ...[Read more]
- TBoss‘ sister, Goldie blasts Ka3na for trademarking the name, ‘BossLady‘ (Video)In Celebrity NewsFebruary 28, 2021Tboss‘ sister, Goldie in a recent video has blasted and slammed Ka3na for trademarking the name ‘BossLady’. Recall that, Ka3na had previously showed ...[Read more]
- NJ nursing-home boss wanted granny chef to be his S&M master: lawsuitIn USAFebruary 28, 2021A nursing-home boss wanted his new granny chef to make him her whipping boy, new court papers allege. AnnaMarie Ferrara, a 51-year-old grandmother, ...[Read more]
- Nigeria National League gets sponsor, to air live matchesIn SportsFebruary 28, 2021Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright has given his verdict on the first penalty call against Wilfred Ndidi in Leicester City 3-1 defeat to Arsenal on ...[Read more]