Mayor Bill de Blasio was mocked on Twitter after he posted and then removed a photo that showed a woman’s t-shirted chest reflected in his sunglasses in a photo op.
The mayor came back in a second post soon after without the reflection that read: “The future of New York City is so bright I gotta wear shades!”
But Twitter users didn’t skip a beat.
Twitter user @z00mz00mer responded with a TikTok video zooming in and out of the reflection with the song ‘A Pimp Named Slickback’ in the background.
He tweeted, ‘bill, why did you delete the first one? it was so pimp!’
The mayor visited Bushwick Pool on Humboldt Street Saturday afternoon to celebrate the reopening of it, alongside Parks Commissioner Mitchell Silver. There, the mayor played cornhole and chatted with local residents, photos show.
The tweet came after a staffer showed social media user’s the mayor’s colorful outfit, which received a warm reception.
“.@NYCMayor at the Bushwick Pool #SummerOfNYC,” said spokesman Bill Neidhardt in a tweet, showcasing the mayor’s uncharacteristically colorful attire after 1 p.m.
“This is a really good look for him,” wrote journalist Laura Nahmias.
But some tweeters mocked de Blasio for his post as well as his sunny outlook and outfit.
“Well except for the skyrocketing murders and assaults, but hey, sure, enjoy!” snarked one Twitter user.
“That’s because you’re leaving,” tweeted photographer Anthony Quintano.
“Always gives me a good laugh when I remember this guy thought he could be President,” wrote Abigail Marone, press secretary for Sen. Josh Hawley in a tweet, responding the Neidhardt.
“Yes bright as crime smfh I can’t believe I voted for this man,” wrote one Twitter user, responding to de Blasio’s tweet.
Conservative Dan Gainor wrote, “You’re an utter moron.”
De Blasio — who is term-limited and will be out of office at the end of the year — has been in an upbeat, playful mood of late. The mayor during recent press conferences used pizza toppings to explain ranked-choice voting, ate a cheeseburger and trolled Atlanta Hawks guard Trae Young.
On Friday, the mayor played kickball at an Alphabet City school with students and teachers on the last day of classes for the semester.
Metro | New York Post
- De Blasio mocked after tweet about NYC’s ‘bright’ future while sporting colorful outfit
- BBNaija: ‘With Your Full Chest, No One Is Still Attracted To You’ – Troll Drags Dorathy Over Her Full Chest Photo
- Actor Jim Iyke Swags Up In His Recent Outfit & His Stylish Sunglasses
- “You’re A Fool If You Think I Mocked Pastor Adeboye” – Vector Reacts After Being Dragged Over Tweet
- Twitter users react as Kanye West posts pictures of his unreleased Yeezy sunglasses
- George Floyd looters caught with Chanel sunglasses, Dior purses, Gucci shoes
- The best sunglasses, according to celebrities
- Shade it with classic sunglasses
- Lisa Rinna wears nothing but sunglasses in naked photoshoot
- ‘Ford v Ferrari’ on HBO: Matt Damon’s Sunglasses Are the New Chris Evans Sweater