Dozens of people in New York were asked to get revaccinated for COVID-19 after their past dose was stored at an improper temperature, a report said.
The error impacted 81 of the 1,379 doses distributed at the Jones Beach vaccination site on Long Island last Monday, a state department of health spokesperson told NBC New York.
State health officials said there are no health risks associated with receiving the affected doses, or from revaccination.
Those affected were notified via email of the temperature mix-up, the report said.
“New Yorkers’ health and safety is our top priority, and due to this vaccine’s very specific temperature sensitivity, we have a process in place to identify if any temperature excursions occur,” a state health department spokesperson told the outlet.
“This process worked, allowing us to quickly pinpoint this issue, identify the extremely small number of individuals impacted, and immediately begin taking action.”
- I Started Starboy Entertainment In The Living Room -Wizkid Opens Up On How He Kicked Off His Record LabelIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 4, 2021Superstar Wizkid has shared with fans how he started his highly acclaimed record label Starboy entertainment. The singer in a recent interview with ...[Read more]
- The least said about Rojo Nonoo and Kpessah Whyte’s testimony the better – Supreme CourtIn Ghana, NewsMarch 4, 2021The Chief Justice in reading the verdict for the 2020 election petition has said that Rojo Mettle Nonoo and Kpessah Whyte’s testimony did not ...[Read more]
- Ozo, Nengi unfollows each other on Instagram once againIn BBNaija, Celebrity NewsMarch 4, 2021GistReel The two Big Brother Naija reality stars, Nengi and Ozo are being dramatic again as they both unfollowed each other on Instagram. Ozo and ...[Read more]
- Fathia Was Really Messing Up And Somebody Needed To Put Her In Her Place – Remi Surutu Speaks On Slapping Fathia WilliamsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 4, 2021Nollywood actress Remi Surutu has revealed why she slapped her colleague Faithia Williams at a party in Lagos. Remi made the revelation in a new ...[Read more]
- Edo Police arrest two suspected burglars who specialize in breaking into homes on Sundays when owners are in churchIn NewsMarch 4, 2021Men of the Edo State Police Command have arrested two burglary suspects, Jackson Oke-Oghene and Ikpomwonsa Osayande in Benin City. It was ...[Read more]
- “Are you crazy?” – Actress, Uche Elendu slams troll who accused her of lying about her daughter’s ageIn Celebrity NewsMarch 4, 2021GistReel Nollywood actress, Uche Elendu has bounced hard on a comment of an Instagram user, who accused her of constantly lying about her ...[Read more]
- President Buhari, VP Yemi Osinbajo To Receive COVID-19 Vaccines On SaturdayIn Celebrity News, COVID-19, Nigeria NewsMarch 4, 2021President Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo will receive shots of AstraZeneca/Oxford COVID-19 vaccines on Saturday. Executive Director, ...[Read more]
- Size 6 teen who had no bump didn’t know she was pregnant until she was in labourIn NewsMarch 4, 2021A teenager had no idea she was pregnant at 17 until she gave birth to a surprise baby. Siobhan Buchanan, of Perth, Scotland, still fit into ...[Read more]
- EFCC arraigns lady in court for allegedly using her bank account to receive over N6million of illicit fundIn NewsMarch 4, 2021The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Benin Zonal Office on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 arraigned one Hope Aroti before Justice Emeka ...[Read more]
- Anambra police arrests man for allegedly stabbing his wife to death with a kitchen knife (photos)In NewsMarch 4, 2021The police in Anambra state have arrested a 35-year-old man identified as Kingsley Igwe, for allegedly stabbing his wife, Oyinye Obi, 31, to death ...[Read more]