A drunk driver going the wrong way on the New Jersey Turnpike sent a family of five to the hospital Thanksgiving night.
Michael Forman, 26, of Sellersville, Pa. was headed south in the northbound lanes at around 9:30 p.m. when he collided with the family’s Honda Odyssey minivan, police told the Philadelphia Inquirer.
The Nissan “continued on to strike the concrete barrier” before coming to a halt, NJ.com reported.
Two of the minivan’s passengers — Fatima Shifan, 36, and son Yousef Shifan, 11, of Edison, N.J. — suffered serious injuries, the Inquirer said.
Shifan’s husband, who was driving, and two other children, ages 6 and 8, were also hurt, the paper said.
Cops charged Forman, who was also hospitalized, with driving under the influence and multiple moving violations.
The crash occurred in the vicinity of Woolwich Township, near Philadelphia. The turnpike’s northbound lanes remained closed for three hours afterwards, NJ.com said.
- Bauchi Gov, Mohammed consoles family of fallen heroesIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Bauchi State government on Friday revealed plans to rehabilitate the tomb of Nigeria’s first and only Prime Minister, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, ...[Read more]
- Governor Bello mourns late AIG zone eight, Yunana BabasIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Bauchi State government on Friday revealed plans to rehabilitate the tomb of Nigeria’s first and only Prime Minister, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, ...[Read more]
- Bauchi govt unveils plans to renovate Tafawa Balewa’s mausoleumIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021160 children have been rescued by the Kaduna State Government Task Force on COVID-19 related regulations from locations that are deemed as ...[Read more]
- 2Face Idibia celebrates son, Nino on his 15th birthdayIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 15, 2021Veteran singer, 2face Idibia has showered encomium on one of his sons, Nino Idibia as he marks his 15th birthday today 15th January 2021. Taking to ...[Read more]
- Residents flee Ibadan communities as hoodlums kill twoIn Local NewsJanuary 15, 2021Some residents of Coca Cola, Leventis, Ajibade, Ajegunle, Oke- Itunu and neighbouring communities within Ibadan North Local government area have ...[Read more]
- Amtrak CEO calls for Congress to expand TSA’s ‘No Fly List’ to rail passenger serviceIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Amtrak is responding to the largest union of rail workers calling for heightened security in Washington DC ahead of Inauguration Day ...[Read more]
- BREAKING: Edo govt postpones resumption of schoolsIn Education, NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Federal Government has finally decided to go ahead with the January 18, 2021 resumption date for schools nationwide. This is despite the pressure ...[Read more]
- UI cancels 2019/20 academic session, announces Feb 20 resumption dateIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021The management of the University of Ibadan has announced February 20 as the resumption date for academic activities in the institution. The school ...[Read more]
- Elementary school teacher tells students to select their oppressive identitiesIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021A third grade teacher in Cupertino, Calif., reportedly hosted a lesson in which students were required to identify aspects of ...[Read more]
- Yes, Neanderthals and humans had cave sex — but did they kiss?In LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Did they use a cro magnum? It is well-known that early humans hooked up with Neanderthals. However, this week researchers revealed the delicious ...[Read more]