An ex-staffer who sued disgraced former City Councilman Andy King — for allegedly mishandling and mocking her health problems — has settled her claims with the city, new court papers show.
King’s one-time aide, Antonia Ava Frampton-Shillingford, filed a suit in October against the ousted Bronx politician and the New York City Council after King on Sept. 2, 2017, told her to “put a Band-Aid on it” and forced her to work an entire day after she asked to go to the emergency room for chronic vaginal bleeding, her suit alleged.
King then put the 34-year-old — who suffers from polycystic ovary syndrome — on three-months unpaid leave against her will and her doctor’s advice, her suit claimed. Frampton-Shillingford was forced to quit in January 2018, the suit said.
Frampton-Shillingford on Wednesday dropped her claims against the City Council after reaching a settlement with it — but her claims against King are still pending, according to Manhattan Supreme Court papers and her lawyer.
“The City Council acted both fairly and in good faith as it pertained to our settlement discussions and the agreement that was reached,” said plaintiff lawyer Sally Mourad-Roubeni, of firm Levin & Blit, PLLC.
“To the contrary, defendant King has displayed neither remorse nor a desire to take accountability for his reprehensible actions.”
King’s lawyer Pamela Hayes told The Post, “I’m looking forward to Mr. King having his day in court.”
“There is nothing to be remorseful about,” Hayes said.
King was expelled in October after three rounds of ethics charges in just two years were mounted against him for allegedly misusing government funds and mistreating his staff.
A spokesman with the city Law Department did not immediately return a request for comment.
- New Music: Asake Drops New Single Mr Money Ft Zlatan & PeruzziIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentFebruary 26, 2021Young fast-growing Afrobeats singer Asake drops the remix of his single “Mr Money”, and features two of DMW former signees Zlatan Ibile and Peruzzi. ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: KiDi Backs Guru’s Assertion That Kuami Eugene Is Loose TalkerIn EntertainmentFebruary 26, 2021Guru in an exclusive interview with Zionfelix a few days ago claimed that Kuami Eugene’s loose talk has portrayed his mother as a prostitute and yes, ...[Read more]
- Europa League: Ray Parlour names favourite club to win trophyIn SportsFebruary 26, 2021A former Arsenal midfielder, Ray Parlour, has named a club that can win this season’s UEFA Europa League trophy. According to Parlour, Manchester ...[Read more]
- Lovers found dead in their apartment in Delta StateIn Local NewsFebruary 26, 2021Two lovers, 33-year-old Emmanuel Oshiotu and Amaka Okeford, 25, were on Thursday found dead in their apartment at Uvwie in Uvwie Local Government ...[Read more]
- After leading charge vs. Al Franken, Sen. Gillibrand dodges Gov. Cuomo scandalIn USAFebruary 26, 2021New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand appears to be giving Gov. Andrew Cuomo a long leash on the sexual harassment allegations leveled against him by a ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: Salinko Says That People Around Funny Face Do Not Advice HimIn EntertainmentFebruary 26, 2021Kumawood actor, Salinko, who was insulted by Funny Face for poke nosing into his affairs hasn’t given up on talking about him. According to Salinko ...[Read more]
- “See what you are missing” – Toke Makinwa shoots shot at DrakeIn Entertainment, GossipFebruary 26, 2021Nigerian On Air Personality and presenter, Toke Makinwa has summoned courage and shot her shot at Canadian-American rapper, Aubrey Drake Graham. The ...[Read more]
- Bandits Are The Criminals Hired To Sabotage Jonathan’s Govt, But Have Been Abandoned – MailafiaIn Boko Haram, Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsFebruary 26, 2021Former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Niger, Dr Obadiah Mailafia, has said during a recent interview that many of the bandits terrorising the ...[Read more]
- Europa League: Draw for Round of 16 conducted [Full fixtures]In SportsFebruary 26, 2021Barcelona presidential candidate, Joan Laporta, has officially announced the individuals he will work with should he win the elections. Laporta, a ...[Read more]
- NYC Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza stepping downIn USAFebruary 26, 2021Polarizing Department of Education Chancellor Richard Carranza is abruptly stepping down effective March 15 after nearly three controversial years at ...[Read more]