The FBI arrested a man at a Queens home on Tuesday night after investigating alleged online threats about an armed caravan heading to the US Capitol, law enforcement sources said.
The man was arrested at the home on a weapons charge, according to a source familiar with the investigation.
Sources said the man was suspected of posting threats about last week’s Capitol siege, though it was determined he did not attend.
The man, identified by ABC NY as Eduardo Florea, was also being probed for possible connections to the far-right Proud Boys.
In addition to federal agents, members of the NYPD’s Counterterrorism Bureau were seen at the home Tuesday night.
- BREAKING: Oyo: Makinde orders Police to arrest Sunday Igboho, others over Fulani quit noticeIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- Blasphemy: Death Sentence Of Kano Singer Overturned By The CourtIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 22, 2021
- Soldier brings out cutlass after slapping footballer, Chikelu Ofoedu (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 22, 2021A video circulating on social media shows the moment a military officer exchanged words with Nigerian professional footballer, Chikelu Ofoedu. The ...[Read more]
- US Senate confirms Lloyd Austin as first black chief of PentagonIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021US retired general, Lloyd Austin has been confirmed as the country’s secretary of defence , becoming the second cabinet nominee of new ...[Read more]
- BREAKING: Nigerian university workers announce date to begin strikeIn Education, NewsJanuary 22, 2021The Federal University Gusau (FUGUS) has approved January 25, 2021 as the date for reopening and resumption of academic activities. According to the ...[Read more]
- Lloyd Austin is America’s first black Defense Secretary, Pentagon ChiefIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- Zamfara NUJ bans unauthorised use of union’s stickerIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- I was hit with shock when I heard my name announced – Oti Regional Minister-Designate opens upIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 22, 2021Regional Minister-Designate for the Oti Region Mr Joshua Makubu has expressed shock at his nomination as a Regional Minister. According to him, he ...[Read more]
- We trust Asenso-Boakye and Cecilia Dapaah to deliver – Bantama NPP hails appointmentsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 22, 2021Constituency Executives of the New Patriotic Party in Bantama say they hope their members who have been nominated into the President’s second term as ...[Read more]
- These travelers faked negative COVID tests and got away with itIn LifestyleJanuary 22, 2021This potentially dangerous end-around shows a huge loophole in coronavirus travel restrictions. In an effort to prevent the further spread of ...[Read more]