Federal prosecutors in Brooklyn have indicted MS-13’s “Board of Directors” with terrorism charges, officials announced Thursday.
The US Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of New York announced Thursday that the notorious gang’s leaders are charged with conspiracy to provide and conceal material support to terrorists and conspiracy to commit acts of terrorism transcending national boundaries.
Prosecutors say they’re charging the 14 highest-ranking members of the transnational gang — 11 of whom are already behind bars, mostly in El Salvador. Three others are the subject of a federal manhunt by the FBI, the sources said.
Among the suspects is Borromeo Enrique Henriquez, who is known as “Diablito de Hollywood,” considered one of the gang’s most powerful members, prosecutors said.
The suspects make up the “Ranfla Nacional,” the gang’s ruling body, they said.
“The FBI is committed to combatting all forms of terrorism that threaten the American people as well as our international partners,” FBI Director Christopher Wray said in a statement.
The vicious gang, which has reached around the globe and has long been active locally on Long Island, is responsible for scores of murders and a trail of mutilated bodies.
President Trump has twice visited Long Island to address the gang’s violence and has met privately with the families of MS-13 victims.
The gang grew out of an LA street gang peopled in part by El Salvadoran immigrants in the 1980s, and evolved into one of the nation’s most violent criminal organizations.
MS-13 members are considered ruthless, with the machete as their preferred tool to punish enemies and wage revenge on those deemed disloyal.
- BREAKING: Oyo: Makinde orders Police to arrest Sunday Igboho, others over Fulani quit noticeIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- Blasphemy: Death Sentence Of Kano Singer Overturned By The CourtIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 22, 2021
- Soldier brings out cutlass after slapping footballer, Chikelu Ofoedu (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 22, 2021A video circulating on social media shows the moment a military officer exchanged words with Nigerian professional footballer, Chikelu Ofoedu. The ...[Read more]
- US Senate confirms Lloyd Austin as first black chief of PentagonIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021US retired general, Lloyd Austin has been confirmed as the country’s secretary of defence , becoming the second cabinet nominee of new ...[Read more]
- BREAKING: Nigerian university workers announce date to begin strikeIn Education, NewsJanuary 22, 2021The Federal University Gusau (FUGUS) has approved January 25, 2021 as the date for reopening and resumption of academic activities. According to the ...[Read more]
- Lloyd Austin is America’s first black Defense Secretary, Pentagon ChiefIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- Zamfara NUJ bans unauthorised use of union’s stickerIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- I was hit with shock when I heard my name announced – Oti Regional Minister-Designate opens upIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 22, 2021Regional Minister-Designate for the Oti Region Mr Joshua Makubu has expressed shock at his nomination as a Regional Minister. According to him, he ...[Read more]
- We trust Asenso-Boakye and Cecilia Dapaah to deliver – Bantama NPP hails appointmentsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 22, 2021Constituency Executives of the New Patriotic Party in Bantama say they hope their members who have been nominated into the President’s second term as ...[Read more]
- These travelers faked negative COVID tests and got away with itIn LifestyleJanuary 22, 2021This potentially dangerous end-around shows a huge loophole in coronavirus travel restrictions. In an effort to prevent the further spread of ...[Read more]