The Metro-North worker who called out sick to attend the pro-Trump riot at the US Capitol last week has been taken into custody by federal law enforcement, according to a report.
Will Pepe, 31, of Beacon, was cuffed Tuesday afternoon and is set to appear in federal court in White Plains, ABC7 reported.
The seven-year veteran of the MTA commuter rail was identified by colleagues and supervisors last week after the FBI began circulating his photo along with others accused of attending the riot.
Transit officials on Friday suspended Pepe without pay, and will seek to fire him.
Pepe earned $73,492 in 2019 as a laborer at the railroad’s Brewster yard, according to the Empire Center’s online database of public employee salaries.
A call to his cell phone Friday was not returned.
- Biafra: Why South East is agitating for Nigeria’s breakup – Afenifere’s Ayo AdebanjoIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Governor Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa State, the home state of the late former Inspector General of Police (IGP) Gambo Jimeta, has expressed grief over ...[Read more]
- El-Zakzaky: Zeena Ibraheem, Wife of Shi’ites Leader Tests Positive For COVID-19 In DetentionIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 22, 2021Zeena Ibraheem, the wife of the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky, has contracted COVID-19 in prison at a ...[Read more]
- I’m not ‘smiling’ over Lampard, Chelsea’s struggle – Mikel ArtetaIn SportsJanuary 22, 2021
- Two Nigerian undergraduates arraigned for alleged internet fraud in EnuguIn Local NewsJanuary 22, 2021The State High court sitting in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State on Thursday sentenced a 23-year-old student, Emmanuel Itoro Thomas, to five years in prison for ...[Read more]
- Transfer: AC Milan close to signing Chelsea defender, Fikayo TomoriIn SportsJanuary 22, 2021
- Donald Trump Left Me A Very Generous Letter – US President Joe BidenIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 22, 2021US President Joe Biden said former president, Donald Trump left him a “very generous letter” before leaving office. Speaking from behind the Resolute ...[Read more]
- Gambo Jimeta was a fine, trusted police officer – FintiriIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Governor Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa State, the home state of the late former Inspector General of Police (IGP) Gambo Jimeta, has expressed grief over ...[Read more]
- Year of Roads: Ensure all gutters, culverts are covered – Drunkards Assoc. beg Akufo-Addo, new Road MinisterIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 22, 2021The President of the Ghana Drunkards Association Mr. Moses Drybone has admonished President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo to order his incoming Road ...[Read more]
- Kaduna government sack 65 teachersIn Education, NewsJanuary 22, 2021Workers of Plateau State University (PLASU) have issued a seven-day ultimatum to the State Government to improve funding for the institution or face ...[Read more]
- KOKOnista Of The Day: Lori Harvey Is More Than Just A Pretty FaceIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 22, 2021Model Lori Harvey is an American actress famous for strutting down catwalks all around the world. Harvey made a name for herself via social media, ...[Read more]