This giggly, 4½-month-old miracle child is the newest face of Gerber.
On Monday, Gerber announced the winner of its 11th annual photo search, crowning Zane Kahin of Winter Park, Florida, as its 2023 Gerber “spokesbaby.”
Zane was selected for his “cheerful attitude, infectious giggles and playful smile that can light up any room.” He’ll also serve in the honorary roles of “chief growing officer” and “chief taste tester” for the year.
In reward for beating out more than 90,000 parents who entered their babies in this year’s Gerber baby contest, Zane’s parents, Erin and Mike, won a $25,000 cash prize, free Gerber products for one year and a wardrobe valued at $1,000, provided by Gerber Childrenswear. Gerber will also offer a bodysuit and T-shirt inspired by Zane and will make a product donation of equal value to the charity Delivering Good for every purchase.
This news came as a surprise to Erin and Mike, who weren’t even sure if Erin could conceive naturally after undergoing treatment for breast cancer at 27. After having a double mastectomy, chemotherapy and radiation, Erin could not anticipate how her treatment would affect her chances of being a mom.
Yet Zane beat the odds and was conceived with no intervention — and has an “infectious” smile and laugh, according to his mom.
“Zane is our little comedian — he loves to crack himself up and even wakes up laughing,” Erin told NBC’s “Today” show.
The original Gerber baby in the brand’s iconic logo was Ann Turner Cook, now 94. She became the face of Gerber products after a family friend, Dorothy Hope Smith, submitted a charcoal portrait of her to a Gerber contest in 1928.
In 2010, the photo search was launched, and since then winners have included 2023 winner Magnolia Earl, the first adopted Gerber baby, and Lucas Warren, the first child with Down syndrome to win the contest.
“Photo search is a moment that brings families together in celebration year after year, and the Gerber family is delighted to welcome Zane as this year’s Gerber spokesbaby and first-ever chief growing officer,” Mohini Joshi, vice president of marketing at Gerber, said in a statement.
“By recognizing that every baby is a Gerber baby, we celebrate the diversity of families, whether that’s where we’re from, who our parents are or the circumstances in which baby came into the world.”
Living | New York Post
- New Gerber model is a giggly miracle baby named Zane
- #BBNaija 2023: “God is a miracle worker. My God is a miracle worker” – Vee says after she made it to the grand finale of this season reality TV show
- Man beats 10-month-old baby and the child’s mother because the child won’t stop crying and depriving him of sleep (video)
- Meet Magnolia Earl, the first adopted Gerber baby
- Ellen DeGeneres is finally apologizing, plus a Vanderpump baby boom and Kaia Gerber’s new romance
- Miracle Baby Girl Born With Holy Baby in Osun State [Video]
- Confused man begs for advice after his child’s mother abandoned him and their 2-month-old child allegedly due his joblessness
- Confused man begs for advice after his child’s mother abandoned him and their 2-month-old baby allegedly due to his joblessness
- Police arrest 3 suspected child traffickers, recover 2-month-old baby in Delta
- Best star snaps of the week: Mike Tyson, Colin Jost and Kaia Gerber