A group of hatemongers hurling anti-gay slurs and alleged cop attackers were among those busted at Washington Square Park during a wild weekend that saw several skirmishes in the greenspace, police sources said.
The weekend chaos occurred as revelers from the annual Pride celebration packed the iconic Greenwich Park on Sunday — and were targeted with hateful comments by at least four people who were eventually slapped with disorderly conduct summons, sources said.
The quartet — three men and a woman — also affixed a homophobic sign to a metal pole at the park and refused to take it down or leave when asked by police, according to the sources.
Enraged Pride partiers challenged the group and police intervened, sources said.
The same night, just north of the park at East 8th Street and Fifth Avenue, at least four suspects got into a heated confrontation with police that led to their arrests, according to sources.
Emily Hagan, 23, is accused of biting an NYPD lieutenant and throwing a bottle at police. She is charged with assault, resisting arrest, obstructing governmental administration and criminal possession of a weapon, according to sources.
Another woman, Joanis Arthur, 20, is also accused of chucking a bottle at cops. She was charged with obstructing governmental administration and criminal possession of a weapon, sources said.
Two men, Dan Alvin, 29 and Jaquan Brooks, 30, were also busted in the mayhem.
Alvin allegedly slapped a lieutenant and was charged with resisting arrest, obstructing
governmental administration and disorderly conduct, according to sources.
Brooks is accused of shoving a sergeant and was charged with obstructing governmental administration and harassment, sources said.
The same hectic night, police deployed pepper spray and clashed with a rowdy contingent of partygoers who threw bottles and removed metal barriers from around the park’s iconic arch.
At least four people were sprayed, a witness had told The Post.
Metro | New York Post
- Man busted for painting ‘slave owner’ on George Washington statue in Union Square Park
- Man busted for shoving kids off bikes in Washington Square Park: cops
- NYPD cop hurt in clash with crowd at Washington Square Park
- Driver slams into Washington Square Park’s landmark arch, injuring cop
- NYPD seeking man who punched cop near Washington Square Park
- Asian NYPD cop says racist Washington Square Park tirade was ‘degrading’
- Slashings, anti-cop graffiti mark overnight mayhem in Washington Square Park
- Slashing, anti-cop graffiti mark overnight mayhem in Washington Square Park
- NYPD boss Terence Monahan rips alleged Brooklyn Bridge cop attackers
- Man, 21, slashed in Washington Square Park attack