A 39-year-old homeless man was beaten with a baseball bat and stabbed by three other vagrants in a brazen, midday attack in Midtown this week, cops said.
The victim was sitting in a folding chair at the corner of West 33rd Street and Broadway around 12:20 p.m. Tuesday when the trio approached him, according to police.
One of them whacked him multiple times with a baseball bat, a second hit him with a chair and a third stabbed him in the back before the trio took off, authorities said.
The victim, who suffered pain, bruising and scrapes on his body, was taken to Bellevue Hospital in stable condition.
Police released surveillance images of the suspects — who remain at large — late Tuesday.
Metro | New York Post
- Vagrants rebuild after NYC breaks up ‘zombie movie’ homeless encampment
- Cops dismantle vagrants’ tent in middle of Upper West Side
- Man badly beaten with bat in Brooklyn
- ‘People here love us’: Vagrants set up tent in middle of the Upper West Side
- Bat flips, excited umps, fire delay: Korean Baseball off to wild start
- Seattle cop hit on head with baseball bat as 13 arrested in protests
- Bus driver beaten by mini bat-wielding passenger who refused to wear mask
- Queens homeless shelter resident fatally stabbed during fight: cops
- Buffalo cops critically injured man who attacked officer with bat
- Cops say man with autism was brutally beaten, robbed in the Bronx