A homeless man allegedly whacked a 21-year-old woman with a leather belt in an unprovoked attack outside NBC Studios Tuesday morning, cops said.
Kamal Walker, 25, came up behind his unsuspecting victim and struck her in the lower back and left arm in front of the network’s building on West 49th Street near Fifth Avenue around 7:45 a.m., authorities said.
The victim, a Manhattan resident, was treated on scene by EMS.
Walker was arrested a short time later and charged with two counts of assault, police said.
The incident came two days after Samuel Poulin, a Marine — also 21 — was hit in the upper back by a ricocheting bullet outside the Marriott Hotel on West 45th Street and Broadway, just blocks away.
Poulin, who was visiting from upstate Northville, was not the intended target, cops said.
Metro | New York Post
- Woman ‘traumatized’ after alleged belt beating by NYC homeless man
- Lizzo Strikes First-Look Deal with Amazon Studios
- New NBC Code: NBC cannot assume the powers of the National Assembly – Okoroji
- Woman who defaced Black Lives Matter mural outside Trump Tower strikes again in Brooklyn
- Woman who defaced Black Lives Matter mural outside Trump Tower strikes two more times
- Georgia man allegedly had sex with woman’s corpse outside homeless shelter
- The woman who beat the studios, and other commentary
- Abuja woman reveals how she went from 85kg to 54kg in few weeks without using coffee, slimming pills or waist trainer belt…
- Woman dead, two injured after SUV collides with van on NYC’s Belt Parkway
- Elderly diners attacked by homeless man outside NYC coffee shop