A human leg bone was found inside the closet of a home in an upscale Queens neighborhood on Wednesday night, police said.
The shocking discovery was made just before midnight by a man in his 20s at a residence on Edgerton Boulevard near Henley Road in Jamaica Estates, police and sources said.
The man called 911 to report the grisly find. Police responded and the bone was handed off to the city Medical Examiner’s office.
On Thursday, the ME’s office identified the bone as a human fibula, according to police.
Police did not immediately release further information and no arrests have been made in the mysterious case.
Metro | New York Post
- NYC tenant who found human bone in closet thought it was a prop
- Chicago rapper FBG Duck shot dead while shopping in ritzy neighborhood
- “How will I be wearing somebody’s leg inside my leg?” – Reactions as shoes which look like human feet surfaces online
- Woman and daughter, 7, found dead at home in ritzy Connecticut suburb
- Human bone, alien thigh or just a rock? Here’s NASA’s say on the frenzy over the Mars ‘femur’ photo — Newzandar
- Crackpots claim they have spotted ‘human bone’ on Mars – but it’s just a rock
- Ghanaian Delegation ‘Executive Leg’ joins ‘Legislative Diplomacy Leg’ in Abuja on Ghana-Nigeria relation talk
- EndSARS: Protester Who Was Shot In The Leg At Lekki Toll Gate Has Had His Leg Amputated (Photos)
- “With All Your Exercise, Your Leg Still Be Like 7 People Leg” – IG Troll Comes At Actress Uche Jombo (Photos)
- NYC girl who hid in closet during murder gifted trip to Disney World by NYPD detectives